Chapter 19

No POV

"Alpha we've got a lead!" Jack rushed into Axels office with a map.

Axels head shot up from the papers he was looking at and he stood up, quickly standing by Jack.

"Okay so if you take a look here, you will see the edge of our pack borders... just a few miles West there is an abandoned hotel in no mans land..."

"So you think she's there?" Axel asked eagerly.

"That's what we think, they want us to think. They wouldn't be somewhere so obvious. So we looked into it and took the address of the hotel and it formed into multiple secret codes which we believe has something to do with where she is." Jack stated, running his fingers through his hair.

Axel didn't waste time in trying to figure out the codes, for the whole day him, Jack, Kole, and the head warriors  did everything they could think of with the codes.

Just when they were losing hope the next day, Axel had cracked it.

They were holding Helena in an underground cave in the rogue land, but codes are needed to open the area that leads into it.

Axel was ready to jump and leave to find her but Jack warned him that they shouldn't go without a plan.

Though Axel was eager to get his mate as soon as possible, he knew Jack was right, they needed a plan.

So they spent another full day coming up with a plan that would guarantee getting everyone home safe.

The day after that they all headed out to the underground place and fought their way through the cave.

People were fighting everywhere, blood was all over the moldy walls but it was more of rogues blood.

"I think that's all of them." Kole whispered, careful to not speak loud or the sound would bounce off of the caves walls.

They roamed the place looking for where the only two people Axel had failed to see, could be.

The Alpha Rogue, Samuel. And his precious mate Helena.

He knows they're here somewhere together, but there's so many rooms it makes it difficult.

Their search became easy when a manly scream echoed through the cave.

The all ran as fast as they could to the sound. Axels heart was nearly beating out of his chest.

Bad scenarios played in his head.

At least that wasn't his mates scream. He thought.

They finally found the room and everyone nearly passed out at the sight.

Relief ran through Axels bones to see his mate alive and well, but he's confused as well.

There Helena was, blood covering her body. Blood that was clearly not hers... but the blood of the at least 10 people who lied dead on the floor around her. It was clear to everyone that the blood was drained from their bodies and it was Helena who'd done it.

Samuel was still screaming in pain from the nails digging into his neck and throat.

Helena ruthlessly teared at the man who's been messing with her life's skin. Ripping apart his flesh with the new strength she gained after drained nearly 2 dozen rogues of their blood.

Samuel finally dropped dead but Helena was completely on edge from the mental torture she'd endured through the couple weeks she's been there.

Everyone but Axel was scared to step towards her. Axel knew that Helena would never hurt him. He trusts her one hundred percent.

Axel took steps towards her and she looked up at him from her spot on the floor like a lost child.

"Axel?" Her head tilted to the left and Axel wanted to break down for hearing her say his name.

"Yes baby, it's me." He placed a tender kiss to her forehead and carefully lifted her off the ground.

"Lets get you home."

He vowed right at that moment that he'd die before he'd ever let someone get her again. He wouldn't let her slip through his fingertips anymore.

She was the person that kept his world going and he'd be damned if he let someone stop his world from moving again.

-