Twenty Six

"Grey!" Rae called out as she ran through the forest. "Greyson!" She felt branches scratch at her legs but didn't stop. "Where are you?" she paused but then kept running. "Flower gleam and glow..." she sang. "Let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine..."

"Rae?" Grey called.

"Grey! I can't see you, it's too dark." Rae said, standing still. The glow of her necklace didn't help her see at all. Grey felt something collide with him. He fell on his back and groaned as something or someone fell on him.

"Yep I found you..." Rae muttered, scrambling off Grey and holding out a hand to help him up. He pulled himself up with her hand and winced.

"I think I have something stuck in my back." he said.

"Come on, let's go back to the castle so we have light." Rae suggested. Rae guided Grey back to the castle and they went to her room.

"Okay so you think you have something stuck in your back." she said, sitting him down on her bed and then sitting beside him. He turned around and Rae was able to see a sharp piece of glass sticking from his lower back. "Oh god." Rae stared at the glass. "See one thing I don't have is healing hair... did you fall onto this?"

"I guess so." Grey said. "I felt a bit of a pinch but otherwise..." He shrugged. "How bad is it?"

"It's bad... I don't know what to do." Rae said.

"I'll be back." Rae left the room for a moment and came back with a cloth. She pulled Grey to the floor and kneeled down. "I'm going to pull it out. But on the floor because I don't want blood on my bed."

"Ok" said Grey, laying facedown on the floor.

"Just please try not to scream too loud if it hurts." Rae muttered, gripping the glass and yanking it out, even though she tried to be gentle. She quickly set the glass aside and pressed the cloth to the bleeding wound.

"FUCK!" he remarked loudly. Rapunzel came rushing in.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Uhm he kinda got glass stuck in his back soooo..." Rae said, still holding the cloth on the wound. "I pulled it out."

"Let me see." Rapunzel sighed. "Raelynn, go get a clean cloth. Make sure it's damp. And a bandage. Greyson, I'm going to have to ask you to take your shirt off."

"Yes mom." Rae nodded, leaving the room to retrieve a damp cloth and a bandage. Grey slowly pulled off his shirt and sat on a stool that was in the room. Rapunzel examined the wound. Rae soon came back with a bandage and a damp cloth. When she saw Grey, she stared at his chest a little but shook herself out of the daydream.

"I got them." she said. Grey smirked slightly and was about to speak when he realised who else was in the room. Rapunzel grabbed the cloth and started wiping the wound. Grey didn't even wince.

"Well what do I do?" Rae asked, distracting herself from Grey.

"Yep. I was afraid of this" Rapunzel said. "We're going to need stitches."

"So where do I find those?" Rae asked.

"In my room, there should be a first aid kit." Rapunzel said. Rae nodded and left the room once again.

"You must hate me." Grey muttered. "And want me as far away from Rae as possible."

"Would I have let her come find you if that was the case? Would I be helping you right now?" Rapunzel pointed out. "I don't hate you, I hate your mother for what she did."

"Why?" Grey asked. "Why'd you let her near me? Why don't you hate me?"

"Being honest, I don't know. All I know is that I shouldn't judge you for your mother, and you deserve a chance." Rapunzel said. The door opened and Rae came back in with the first aid kit. Rapunzel took the first aid kit with a thanks and got to work.