Twenty Seven

"And done." Rapunzel said. "Not so bad right?"

"I've had worse." Grey shrugged.

"I'm going to bed. Don't stay up too late you two." said Rapunzel.

"Wait." called Grey. When Rapunzel turned around, he continued. "Thank you." Rapunzel nodded and left the room. Once the door closed, Grey turned to Rae and smirked.

"You need me to put a shirt on?" Rae rolled her eyes.

"Shut up."

"It's not my fault that you can't resist this." he gestured at himself, standing up and walking closer to her.

"Don't be so egotistical, Gothel." Rae rolled her eyes again.

"I wasn't the one with the open mouth when they saw me without a shirt." he pointed out. "It was the first time I saw you without one." Rae said.

"Admit it." he insisted.

"Why should I? To boost your ego even higher?" Rae raised her eyebrow. He stepped forward so their bodies were touching. He looked down at her and said nothing. "What are you trying to do?" Rae asked, looking up into his eyes.

"Nothing." he stroked her hair and then pulled away.

"Not even going to kiss me?" Rae questioned, her back pressed against the wall. Grey shrugged as he grabbed his shirt.

"Shit, it's all bloody and has a hole." he tossed it aside and sat on Rae's bed. "I hope you don't mind me being shirtless a bit more, Flower."

"Why would I mind that?" Rae smirked slightly, sitting cross legged beside him on her bed.

"Good point." he smirked again and kissed the side of her head.

"Well I mean I'm not going to deny that I liked what I saw because I can't." she shrugged, kissing his lips. He pulled away slightly.

"I'm glad you did." he said and went back to kissing her, pulling her closer.

"And what? You think I didn't notice you gawking at me when you saw me in this dress?" Rae smirked, pulling away.

"What can I say." he grabbed a lock of her hair and and stroked it while he looked at her. "I know a beautiful thing when I see it." Rae tried to hide the blush on her cheeks but it didn't really work that well.

"Well there are princesses a lot prettier than me." Grey grabbed her chin.

"Not to me" Rae smiled and kissed him, pulling him close to her. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Rae, sweetie can I come in?" Eugene's voice sounded. Rae quickly pulled away and shuffled backwards slightly.

"Yeah dad..." she said. Eugene walked in. His eyes widened as he caught sight of his daughter and his wife's worst enemy's son sitting very close on the bed, and if that wasn't bad enough, the boy was shirtless. He was about to explode but then remembered the promise he made to his wife. Seeing the couple about to explain themselves, he raised his hand.

"I don't even want to know. Lynn, can I talk to you outside?"

"First off, please don't call me Lynn dad. And yeah." Rae tilted her head and decided to annoy her dad, even though she knew she shouldn't. "I'll be back." She said to Greyson, kissing him for a while before walking towards her dad and smiling sweetly. Eugene scowled and Grey smiled as Rae followed her dad out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"Yes dad?" She asked.

"I wanted to apologise for what happened at dinner. I guess I'm just a bit.... nervous... when it comes to my daughter being with guys... especially when it comes to VKs." Eugene said awkwardly. He sighed. "I'm willing to give him a chance."

"Dad it's okay. I understand it's a lot. But I promise you he's a good guy." Rae smiled. "Thank you for giving him a chance, it means a lot." she hugged Eugene.

"I love you." he said.

"Love you too dad." Rae said, standing on her tiptoes and kissing Eugene's cheek. "Can I go back in there now?"

"Don't make me a grandfather yet though." Eugene said.

"Dad!" Rae exclaimed. "No! Not going to happen. Nope nope." she shook her head and entered her room, shutting the door behind her.

"Everything okay?" Grey asked. He was laying down on her bed and used his elbows to prop himself up.

"Yeah..." Rae muttered, looking at Grey and staring slightly again. She walked to the side of the room and went behind a screen. Her shadow cast showed that she was changing. She emerged from behind the screen in a purple nightgown. "Sorry, I'm a princess. I have a bit more decency than to let you see me strip."

"You could've asked me to leave."

"But I didn't want you to leave." Rae said, sitting on the bed.

"But you have to go to sleep" said Grey pushing himself to a sitting position.

"I know I do." Rae crawled towards him and kissed him. Grey fell back with Rae on top of him. He crashed his lips onto hers, full of passion.

"Shouldn't I be going then?" he broke the kisses.

"No, I don't want you to." Rae rolled over so she was next to him and pulled the blanket over them. She gently rested her head on his bare chest. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Night Flower."

"Goodnight Grey..." Rae yawned and slowly fell asleep on his chest.