XVII

You're the devil, you're just out to scare
You damaged my mind and my soul, it just floats through the air
You haunt me, you taunt me
~ Iron Maiden, Phantom of the Opera

It's been two weeks since Erik and I kissed on the streets of Philadelphia and nothing has happened since then. He's still the notorious rocker sleeping around with groupies after shows.

We haven't talked much since then except if we are in a group. I haven't seen him leave his bunk during the night drives like I used to see when I was working nor have I written in my journal since we stopped interacting.

The game seems to have come to a halt and maybe that's a good thing, I can't be falling for the lead singer of the group I'm representing on social media.

No one seems to notice that Erik and I are acting differently.

No cute nicknames or cute gestures that made my heart flutter.

I look out the window at all the passing cars on the freeway as we head to Nashville for a show before heading to Atlanta. Unfortunately, the band didn't get much of their tour done before Aaron was born.

It seems hard for Devon to be on the road and away from his infant son, I can see the pain of not having his fiancee or baby with him.

Devon proposed before the Philadelphia show in Caroline's favourite childhood place. It was super sweet as both her adoptive parents and her biological father were present to witness the engagement.

Caroline and Aaron stayed on the bus with us for a week before returning to LA. I let them take my bunk and stayed on the couch as I don't use the bunk much during the night.

It starts to rain, pelting against the window and the metal top of the bus. I smile as I pull out my journal because this is my favourite time to write, but like all those other times I've attempted to write, I'm unable to.

After the kiss, I filled pages upon pages of writing, but once I noticed Erik's distant behaviour I stopped being able to write. There was no feeling but disappointment, but any work produced from that feeling was crap.

Green Day plays softly in the back as I answer messages on the twitter account, many asking when a new single will be released or if the band will be at the Warped Tour this year.

I make a note in my phone to talk to Olivia about the Warp Tour before the show.

The band's Instagram and Twitter page have gained a lot of followers and I've had some venues reach out seeing if Fallen Angels would be interested in having a gig there.

Yet, there is no music playing on the radio which the band really needs if they want a shot at the Warped tour or want to be successful in general.

One of my headphones is yanked out of my ear. I turn my head as quickly as I can to see Erik leaning on the bench with a gleam in his eyes. There's a package of cigarettes in his hand, which is leaning on the table to help support him.

"What do you want?" I say harshly as I take the earphone from him. I try to place the earphone back in my ear, but Erik takes it out again.

"C'mon Ray, I'm only teasing. No need for the death glare." He takes the seat beside me even though I try to slide in the middle to take up more space only to be squished against the wall by his hot body.

"Leave me alone Erik." I try to resume my work, only to have him kiss my neck softly. I give him a glare, but he doesn't seem to get the message that I don't want him around.

"Fuck off." I give him a big shove as he trails up my neck and towards my jawline.

He looks startled by my actions and a look of sadness crosses his face, "I'm sorry for ignoring you, Ray. I meant what I said when I said you were special."

"Am I supposed to care?" I try to keep a neutral look on my face, but I do care and I hate it. I shouldn't care, I know his type and the rumours that swirl around him, I've followed the man through their journey to know Erik's patterns.

He's a one time kind of guy.

"You have to understand, I don't want to hurt you Ray and I'm sorry that I've been playing with you. You're too special of a girl just to be toyed with, you deserve the moon and all her stars." He kisses my knuckles softly before retreating back to his bunk, completely forgetting his cigarettes.

I take the box and open it to see a folded up piece of paper, unfolding it reveals beautiful cursive handwriting.

She isn't the sunrise, she's the fucking sun

I look up to see the curtain is closed and it's only me and the bus driver.

I stare at the words written beautifully in a looping fashion and pick my favourite pen up once again. Placing the tip on the blank paper I begin.

I stare at the writing and compare it to Erik's, he sure does have pretty handwriting.

I rip the page from my journal and read it once over before tucking it in my pocket.

I stand up as quietly as I can I enter the back of the bus where everyone sleeps peacefully except for one person who lies awake in the darkness with his phone illuminating his face.

I stand quietly by his bunk as he doesn't notice me yet. I read the message he's sending to some girl named Ava.

Her last message reads that she can't wait for him to come back to LA and even went as far as to add big boy with the dirty as fuck emojis.

He turns his head when he finally notices me standing there, and I look him in the eyes, trying to hold all my emotions back.

Was this the same Ava that they were discussing at breakfast and what was she to Erik?

I drop the paper on the edge of the bed and head back to the living/kitchen area of the bus.

Maybe I will get writing done tonight, I think bitterly.

Edited by GirlReader133