Chapter 16

Injury is a football players worse nightmare, and just my luck it happens to me

While playing in our first preseason game at home, the falcons defense decided to blitz. One of their defensive players came right at me just as I was throwing the ball. He hit my wrist, my throwing wrist to be exact.

According to the doctor, it was a only a small fracture and I'd need to take off from football a couple weeks to heal. Hopefully I'm fully healed by the time the season opener comes around or I'm gonna lose my shit.

This leads me to my current predicament, sitting in bed in front of the tv in sweats and shirtless with my right wrist wrapped up in a brace.

As I'm flipping through channels, I finally stop at ESPN. I tune in not surprised at all that I'm the topic of discussion

"This just in Giants Starting Quarterback Hunter Reece, sustained an injury during the the teams home preseason game. We still have yet to receive news on the severity of the injury but we will keep you updated" the reporter said

"Update these nuts" I said changing the channel, a little annoyed. I never really liked being headline news, that shits just annoying.

I finally landed on the USA network as they were giving a rerun of Law and Order: SVU.

My phone starts vibrating after a couple minutes of watching and I go to grab it with my right hand only to remember I injured it.

"This is annoying" I say to my self as I picked up my phone with my left hand to see an incoming call.

I see it's a call from Nadia which was unexpected if I'm being honest.

I quickly press 'accept' on my screen to answer "It's nice to finally hear from you" I say as a smile slowly appears on my face.

"Yeah" she says lightly laughing "I actually called to see if you're okay, I heard about your wrist"

"Oh I'm fine, it was just a fracture. How'd you find out about it?  I question

"You do realize your famous right?" She says laughing "but you're trending on twitter that's how I found out if I'm honest"

Damn even her fucking laugh is beautiful

"Oh makes sense" I said laughing with her, she had a point it was a stupid question to ask.

"thanks for checking up on me" I say seriously

"Yeah no problem"

"Hey, um, Nadia?" I say as a nervously scratch my head

"Yeah?" She questions