Chapter Thirty-One: Don't Push It

I finally cornered them when school ended.

It was a nice change for once. Instead of me being the prey, I was the predator.

I knew that the three of them have been avoiding me once lunch ended, and even if they couldn't avoid me, they ignored me. I was used to the ignoring from most people, but not to the guys.

Bennett's route always passed by me when I got to fifth period, but I knew he steered clear for me. As soon as he saw me, he halted his bright blue eyes widening in fear. It was a sight to see the Bennett Frazier anything but calm. He was panicked, not knowing what to do. I tried to catch up to him, but he pulled on his hood, slouched and blended easily into the crowd. For a popular guy, he can be invisible when he wanted to. I could learn a lot from him.

But it wasn't like I was going to let him off that easily. It took a while, but I finally found his head in the crowd. He somehow maneuvered right around me and was heading towards his next class. Bennett was quite tall, and even if he hunched, I could still see him a mile away.

There were some guys from the football team with Parker as well. I asked them politely if I could borrow the football they were playing with. Parker was eager to give it, ignoring the grumbles from his teammates. I watched Bennett's head as it walked farther and farther away. I measured the distance, estimating and doing some other nerd stuff. Then with the football in my hand, I held my arm back and threw it. Everyone had stopped what were they doing, they stopped talking, walking, they just stopped altogether. Everyone's eyes, Parker's eyes, my eyes followed the football as it flew into the air to then hit Bennett at the back of his head, hearing the yelp from him. I fist pumped the air and received an applause and whistles from the football team. I did a short bow then went on my way to fifth period, chemistry.

Jordan was the stupidest when trying to ignore me. For one thing, he's my partner in chemistry. We sat literally two feet away from each other. So good luck trying to ignore a seatmate, especially one who's in chemistry. You have to talk to them, work together with them, especially in classwork. I learned that the hard way with previous partners, who didn't want anything to do with me. Some even went as far as to "accidentally" pour dangerous chemicals on me, just so I could be sent to the nurse. Thankfully for the both of us, we switched partners, for my safety and her happiness.

Jordan here though, didn't do that, to my dismay or his. Instead he was just his idiot self. The first few minutes of class he ignored me, staring out the window, whistling a tune, actually listening to class (I know, unbelievable right?). But when we were forced to do the experiment for classwork, he did everything for me, just to avoid conversation. And let me tell you this, never let anyone, especially someone like Jordan, do the experiment for you. I tried to correct him, help him out, but he refused my help, determined not to talk to me. And it ended up, he made a small explosion.

I specifically told him not to put the water, no matter how little the amount, on the small sample of sodium.

But did he listen?

No, he didn't.

The smoke activated the fire sprinkler system, besides nearly singing off his eyebrows. In the end, he got what he wanted, the silent treatment from me.

And last, but least, there was Declan. Given we also had the same P.E class with Ms. Ramos, it was already hard enough for him to ignore me, just like Jordan. But to make things worse, we were partners for the soccer tournament held by Ms. Ramos. When Declan and I won the first round, we took a break from playing the next few weeks, having other kids verse others. And it was good too, given the week I skipped school and when he got suspended for a week. But he's sure going to have a hard time ignoring me, just like Jordan did in chemistry. And look how that ended up in the end.