Chapter 16

"Turn around, dear."

Jiwon spun herself, showcasing an off shoulder wedding dress with intricately embroidered patterns, adorned with humble beads, pearls and crystals.

"How absolutely gorgeous!" Mrs. Min complimented with mirth filled eyes, a doting future mother-in-law was she.

Jiwon politely smiled.

Wondering when this would be over, she glanced at Yoongi through the corner of her eyes. The man stood by the door, occupied with someone on his phone. Unlike her, he was wearing his usual office suit.

"What do you think?" asked Mrs. Min.

Jiwon twirled on her heel and studied every detail of her figure on the mirror. Compared to the first five dresses she had tried on, this was by far the least extravagant and flashy. Even with the optimism that she wasn't going to end up wearing any of them, she still couldn't find her voice to agree on those exaggeratedly-studded diamond crystals that seemed to exist for the purpose of outshining all the stars in the galaxy.

"There is still a line of options we have prepared for you. All by no other than the best of the bests," Mrs. Kim chimed in, sitting gracefully, hands folded on her lap and ankles crossed. "Perhaps you should try them all before making a decision."

"I do appreciate all of them," said Jiwon to her mother. "But I think I'll go with this one." More so, she had no interest in continuing with this fitting further.

Mrs. Min stood up from the sofa and ambled towards Jiwon. She held Jiwon on both hands.

"I've always dreamt of a daughter to do this with, so I do not really mind watching you all day try on so many dresses," Mrs. Min told Jiwon, a sharp sincerity in her words as her eyes welled with adoration. "Though I must agree. This one is perfect for you."

Jiwon had the sudden urge to embrace Min Hyo out of the blue, but prevented herself, finding it rather uncanny at the situation.

They settled with the dress, much to Jiwon's relief. The mothers insisted, nevertheless, that in case of a change of mind, Jiwon could always pick another.

By the time Jiwon had finished changing back to her normal clothes and stepped out of the dressing room, she spotted Yoongi conversing with the mothers inside the sitting room.

"We haven't decided on it yet. Ah... but she might like a garden theme. I suppose it will put her at ease."

Jiwon halted. Her brows raised on instinct, surprised that Yoongi took note of this trivial detail. She didn't even think he paid attention to her, and now he was sharing this with a natural curve on his lips.

Mrs. Min shifted her attention, noticing the eavesdropper steps away from them. "Jiwon, what are you doing there? Come here."

She smiled sheepishly as she neared them and sat on the space beside Yoongi.

Mrs. Min updated Jiwon about the discussion she had missed, and how they considered a garden themed wedding a great idea. In between, the conversation rolled towards Jiwon and Yoongi's current relationship, queries over whether they have enough time for each other and also small jokes and cheers for the two.

All the while, Jiwon had been shifting a lot on her seat, throwing awkward smiles and forcing out chuckles just to signify she was still listening. She hadn't expected having a conversation with them, not when they should have been out of the sitting room minutes ago.

Sensing her discomfort, Yoongi slid his arm and wrapped his fingers around her hand before giving it a light squeeze.

Astonished, Jiwon snapped her head at him, but his attention was elsewhere.

"It's a good thing you're heading to the flower boutique next. Maybe it will enlighten the two of you whether a garden wedding would best be fitting."

As they parted with the mothers, the couple remained silent, hands still clasped together as if a tacit agreement existed between them to not let go until Jiwon climbed inside Yoongi's car.

"Should we reschedule?" Yoongi questioned as he turned on the ignition.

"Why?" Jiwon languidly asked, staring out of the window.

"You seem... tired."

"No." She shook her head. "I'm fine."

"Then just sleep. I'm going to wake you up once we arrive."

Jiwon let out a noncommittal hum, sinking down on her seat. Above them, clouds hindered the sun from shining in all its glory, as though the sky was empathizing with her.

"Why are we even keeping up with this?" she mumbled, her voice slowly wavering.

Kim Jiwon closed her eyes, facial muscles relaxing as she fell into slumber, and Min Yoongi could only observe her with the same thought in his mind.

— ✿ —
thank you for reading! please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions as I'm always open to criticism to improve the content I'm sharing with all of you. take care and stay healthy and hydrated ♥️ also, if you'd like to chat or anything, feel free to drop by my message board or inbox. all the love!