Chap 2 : Lost Control

"Miss Gupta, this way" told the receptionist. Misha had to leave for some urgent meeting suddenly taking place leaving Khushi alone to attend the meeting with Mr. Raizada.

Khushi had been very nervous throught her drive towards AR, Arnav singh Riazada's office.

The moment her car stopped inside the portico, one tall uniformed man open the door to let her out of the car.

"Uh! That's grand she noted mentally.

The portico was double height. The roof rested on 6 huge white pillars. It wasnot at all a fancy building what she had picturized it to be. It was a kind of heritage building with white brick façade.

The moment she stepped on the stairway, she could easily make out the pricy marble floor laid under her black leather stiletto.

The stair laid towards a waste opening inside, with mezzanine floor above her head. And the skylight filling up the entire ground floor.

"she had seen many offices but Arnav Singh Raizada's office was something one should definitely visit once in her lifetime.

The entire atmosphere was filled with busy young people. She noticed a stark difference between the office get up and the people working in it. The office was grand and looked as as if it was an office of some man in his 50. If she did not know Arnav by face she would have easily perceived him as one of those who is in his 50s. but the sight inside was just the opposite. Nearly all employees were inbetween 20s to 35s, very young and vibrant.

However scrutinizing each and everything around her she went towards the huge desk, which was absolutely placed at the center of the hallway.

"Erm! I would have an appointment with Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada".

"you are late by 30 seconds maam", came the reply.

Khushi frowned a little and looked at her watch, which was tied in her thin wrist.

"Does that mean he will not meet today?" Khushi questioned regretting seeing around his office, which could have saved 2 mins of her time.

"Well, Mr. Raizada doesnot meet anyone who misses" the receptionist finally looked at Khushi keeping her paper-work.

"Can you kindly check with him once if that's not a big problem".

"I cant Miss gupta, its his order and I am afraid you have to take another appointment with him".

"Ok. Can I speak to Mr aman Mathur?".

"Sure!"

The receptionist dialed his extension.

"Some Miss Gupta wants to talk to you sir".

The receptionist handed over the phone to Khushi.

"Hi! Mr Mathur".

"You are late Miss Gupta".

"I know, I am sorry for that".

"I m afraid you cannot meet him today".

"That's ok but can you rescedule the meeting?"

"I have to check with him, as he will be traveling next week. Anyways I will inform you after speaking to him".

"Thanks a tone and my apology".

"Make sure next time you are here on time".

"Certainly!".

Khushi gave a warm smile towards the receptionist and handed over the receiver.

"Thanks a lot. I should get going now".