Chap 12 : Forbidden Feelings

Khushi gathered herself and instantly regreted of showing her vulnerable side to Arnav. Arnav! whom she hardly knew. Arnav! Whom she had known for less than a week. Arnav! Who was just a mere acquaintance for her at the moment? How can she be so consumed about the fact and cried. She named herself as stupid for being such an emotional fool. Before Arnav picked her hand to wipe off her tears she blinked back and wiped it off by her own.

Khushi quickly put her loose tee and slipped into her blue faded jeans and rush down towards the exit door. She check with Mrs Lucy Margerine about Misha's health and disconnected the call. Slipping her blackberry inside her tee pocket she glanced at the door restlessly and there he was, in between her terrible condition she did not fail to praise his stunning posture. She helplessly admired the man who walked towards her with such grace and elegance. "What was different with him today?" she thought realizing his casual attire. He was wearing white translucent shirt which was sinfully showing his ripped muscles and cascade his athletic body. His lips seemed more pinkish and his damp hair messed up. She was so into her trance that she failed to notice a worried face looking at her.

"Are you ok?" he hushed before her and cupped her face. Khushi snapped and jerked back. "relax! Its me darling" Arnav said steading her on the grounds. He opened the door for her and guided her inside. Khushi sat without any word and concentrated on the figure which she was failing to distract herself from. She watched his every move the way he closed the door in style, then slipping his night glasses, then walking across the car and lastly taking the driver seat beside her. "He looks much younger in casuals...he should wear them often...she mentally noted".

Before igniting the engine Arnav glanced and her and meet his dark brown eyes with her. He knew she was looking at him and mentally appreciating him. He also knew if the situation was different he would left no stones unturned to tease her. After all he loved to see her blush which she deliberately wanted to hide from him, masking her teeny self from him. The little she knew how much he enjoyed seeing the crimson naturally glowed her face, complimenting her flawless white shimmering skin. Arnav always had taste for everything and looking at the list of girl whom he had been associated with made it clear, Khushi being the top in the chart. She was beyond perfection. With her natural beauty and radiating smile she looks like and angel who was mistakenly born in this cosmopolitan world. She doesn't belong here. She was epitome of beauty. Any man in her life would be the luckiest to have a girl like her and Arnav did not fail to acknowledge that. Feeling elated Arnav smiled at her simplicity and genuinity. His hand travelled automatically towards her cheek and stroked with his thump as lightly as possible. Khushi felt goose bumps erupt on her skin instantly.

Her gaze fall on his lips instantly, that was the effect of his touch on her skin.

"Did you speak to nisha?" Arnav asked her softly.

"hah!...ni...Misha" Khushi stammered and corrected him feeling slightly dazed.

"Sorry, Misha!" he finally pulled his car towards khushi's apartment.

"I have spoken to Mrs Lucy, she said that she has informed our family physician", Khushi looked straight cursing her mind which totally forgot about her best friend's condition and started to drool on the person sitting next to her. "She is my best friend. In fact she is like my sister" Khushi said thinking why she was explaining him about Misha. he wasnot a person who should know about her personal life and what equation she had with others. But somehow the words did not stop. It could be that she saw the hint of concern in Arnav's eyes when he said that misha is important. No matter how much she tried but she failed to acknowledge the warmth he had provided to her. She wanted to hug him instantly and tell him that how much she wanted a man beside her in her life during her tough times when she felt helpless and alone, but she feared that like a hawa ka jhoonka (gust of wind) he will reel her life and leave her alone once he was done with her. After all they were not committed to each other like two lovers. This relationship will only give her pain if he dared to take it other ways, lesser emotions, healthier it was for her.