Part 15 : In your embrace

The rest of the journey went silent. Khushi was ultra nervous as she was unable to handle a cold Arnav. Arnav who had always been warm towards her, suddenly looking at his new aloof side Khushi feared. She kept on stealing glances while Arnav drove with a straight face, which lacked emotions. She had never seen such a cold person in her entire life. Her unlce, misha's father and misha had been extremely warm towards her as she lost her parents when she was very small. Was it another blander she made by committing to a person whose background she was totally unware off. She read a lot about him in business magazines and also in page three, but the man was mystry to her. She did not know a single personal thing about him. She was unable to gauge his current mood. She thought it would be a easy treat if she jumps on him and hug him tight. But right now forget about jumping she was unable to withstand the tension between them. His tough behavior threw her few miles away from him.
Unknowingly her throat felt dry. She desperately wanted to break the imaginary wall, which got built between them.
**

Screeching the car tyre Arnav pushed the brakes to stop the car. His fingers gripped the stirring wheel. Khushi feared more seeing his anger which was not hidden to her anymore. A single angry look from him, she felt shivers down her spine. She felt terrible in such a situation. "What have I done?" she thought helplessly looking at his angry figure getting out of the car and slamming the door behind. "Just because I did not attend to his messages he is sulking? But why? Isn't it that we had made it very clear that we wont expect from each other then why is he so angry on me?" Khushi sadly got out of the car and started walking behind. "but what i cannot over look what i have done. I shouldn't have ignored his messages out right and i need to apologize for my stupid behaviour before him", she thought.

She saw two men in black advanced towards Arnav. They had walk-talky in their hand and were communicating with the pilots. Arnav was way ahead than Khushi. One of the men took his jacket from his and and the other crossed him and came towards Khushi. Khushi took a deep breath and planted a dry smile. "Hello Ma'am", he greeted Khushi while crossing her. Khushi turned to see what was the man doing. She saw him taking out their luggage from the luggage car and loaded them in the luggage cart which took the luggage in the plane.

Khushi turned back to see Arnav and saw him walking up the staircase to board the flight. She suddenly felt left out and alone. Tears prickled her doe eyes and she suddenly felt hollow. She pouted and then tucked her lips inside her mouth holding it with her teeth to control her emotions. She never thought that Arnav would turn into such a difficult guy after all those moments shared with each other. Slowly she took guilty steps towards the stair and with heavy heart she walked up into the airline.

When she entered she saw a hot blond babe arranging Arnav's jacket hooking it in the its dedicated place then turning towards Khushi she gave a warm smile and greeted her "hello madam, which seat would you like to take?" Khushi returned her a small simple and walked towards Arnav.

Arnav who was seated in an isle seat, picked up his lashes once and saw Khushi coming towards him. He purposely blocked the other seats beside him with his long leg crossing on the other one, making it clears to her that he was not interested to sit beside her in the flight and that he is furious on her. Wasn't it like some school boy acting grumpy when not given his desired treat?

Khushi gulped hard noting Arnav's intension. How could she tell him that how much she was afraid of flights after this gesture of his. He practically dismissed her. How she freaked out when the plane geared up to take off. How the noise of the engines made her nausea? Each time she had Misha beside her to hold her and give her strength, but she was not there with her at that moment. "Oh Misha" she let out a small gasp feeling terribly wobbly. No matter how much she was hurt by arnav's indifference she still asked him in a small voice, "Can I sit beside you?" lowering her voice, which came as a chocked whisper.