Chap 23 :You are my Wife

He pulled her for the one last time crashing her in his crest holding her as if his life is depended on her. Khushi's eyes went to his disoriented face and slowly she cupped his chiseled jaw to ease the pain, which was exposed and raw. She has never seen Arnav so vulnerable and it pained her. A lot.

"Baby, what's wrong with you? I am worried. The moment we landed in Lucknow, you seemed troubled". She leaned onto his chest and held him firmly by his back. "Please share what's troubling you", she said in a small voice barely audible.

Arnav held his breath unable to express his words, his pain, his loss to her. How could he say that this was the very place, which took away his wife. His dear little wife whom he loved with all his heart and now seeing his Khushi in this very place the sleeping devil is now wide and awake. What if this place took away his Khushi from him? He realized he wont be able to survive if this happens and that's when he realized how much this woman who was hugging him with all her heart means to him. Arnav clutched her more into his embrace and whispered, "I love you Khushi".

He could sense she was smiling against his chest and his heart swelled up with unknown rush of emotions, which he only felt with his late wife. "God Arnav I waited for so long to hear it from you", she looked up then kissed his tender lips.

"I love you too baby", Khushi whispered across his lips and Arnav pulled her along with him towards the bed. In no time he shredded his clothing's and hers as well and drove inside her urgently.

Once they headed towards completion both screamed each other's names and fell back on each other gasping for air.

**

Arnav parked the car where Khushi asked him to stop and killed the engine. If he could, he would have never broken his kiss with her few seconds back and make sure she was right beside him in the car. Now seeing her retiring back memories flushed in his head. How he waited to board his flight when he got the devastating news of his wife dead due to the sudden fire calamity. He covered his face with this palm and realized he was soaked in sweat.

He looked through wide screen, saw the love if his life speaking to an old man who was giving some papers to Khushi.

His knuckles turned white due to the shear pressure he was holding the staring. Few more seconds he counted and then opened the car door and walked towards his world.

From distance it looked as if a lion was just let out and he was hungry to grab anything that comes in his way.

Khushi sensed him and turned her head towards the energy, which baffled her. She saw Arnav's red eyes and immediately sensed something was terribly hurting the man. Khushi bunched the papers in the other man's hand and ran towards her love. She flew in his arms and hugged him tightly.

Arnav closed his eyes and inhaled her sweet fragrance and hid his face near her nape. "Please lets go back Khushi. It is killing me.

The pain in his voice almost tore her heart into piece and she knew nothing is more important than this man's comfort. She cupped his face and kissed him whole-heartedly. "Lets leave", she commanded and took his hand and headed towards the car.

Settling Arnav in the passenger seat without his protest she walked quickly to the other side of the car and took the driver seat. She glaced at the man who looked like a vulnerable boy, she wanted to hug him tightly in her arms and took away whatever discomfort he was fighting but seeing the other man watching them she just reached to his shoulders and squeezed him. But his composure remained same. Eyes on the road, face drained out, sweating like hell.

"we are going away from here, right away, are you ok?" Khushi enquired.

"Lets just leave immediately Khushi, before I do something which both of us will regret", he commanded in a harsh tone.