Chapter 58

Samantha's P.O.V

Lauren and the rest of Shawn's friends went home a few minutes ago, and we are still in the pool.

"So, are you going to be going to school with me?" Shawn's asks.

"I don't think so because of the modeling and stuff."

"I wish you were."

"Same, maybe I can. I can ask Jack because I will be here for a while."

"I would very much enjoy you being with me in school."

"So would I but I do have to make note I'm in almost all AP and twelfth grade classes."

"Look at my genius girlfriend."

"I wouldn't go that far. Maybe a tad above average."

"Kids dinner is almost ready so come on and get changed." Mama Mendes shouts through the sliding door in the kitchen. I hop out of the pool and start to dry off. But it isn't a day with Shawn unless he throws you in the pool twice. He runs and I jump out and chase after him. I wrap my arms around his waist and try pulling him back, but that doesn't work so I decide to cling to his leg like a child.

"What the hell are you doing." Shawn laughs and I do as well.

"I don't know, I used to do it when I didn't want Jack going out at night." I shrug as I stand up. I go back upstairs and I grab a pair of Nike running shorts. They're red and I'm pretty sure I wore them in my birthday. I also grab a black sports bra and a pullover that has a zipper that zips up from the boob area. I walk into the bathroom and change before walking back to Shawn's room and I put on a pair of socks. I really do love socks. Shawn and I walk downstairs and Mama Mendes is still cooking.

"Hey mom!" Shawn takes a seat and I do the same.

"Hey kids, Amy called and said everyone is going down to the beach later. Maybe you can introduce Sammy to some more people." Let it be my luck for it to be at a beach. Shawn busts out laughing and his mom just gives him a look.

"What in gods name are you laughing at?"

"Sammy hates sand and-I saw her face-and I'm sorry." He composes himself before his mom nods at him, still confused.

"Aaliyah is at a friends house, and your father had to go back to work, so it's just us." His mom places a plate in front of me and Shawn.

"Thank you." I say before picking up my fork.

"You're so polite." I laugh before eating. Dinner goes by pretty quick and before you know it Shawn is dragging me to a beach.

When we get there I look at him and glare.

"Don't look at me like that, you could've stayed home."

"Not really you dragged me here, can't we recall you pulling me out of the comfortable and sand-less bed."

"Okay, come on." I hop onto his back as he starts walking in the sand.

"Thank you, but this is almost payback for throwing me in the pool." We walk and we get to a big group of people. I see Lauren and smile.

"Wow princess, you wouldn't walk?" She laughs while coming over to me.

"No, I hate sand and he dragged me here knowing that. He also threw me in the pool again, so this is payback, plus I'm lazy." I laugh as Shawn places me down.

"Leave it to him to throw you in again."

"Tell me about it, if I wasn't sick last week when we were in D.C he would have thrown me in the hotel pool when we were in there."

"Probably, so are you coming to school with us here?" We start walking toward this rock area and we take a seat.

"I honestly don't know. My plan was to be homeschooled even before being throw here. It was because of the modeling and the magcon stuff, but if I'm gonna be here for three months at least, why not. I'm gonna talk to my brother and just hope to get things settled."

"Well I hope you do, what grade? I don't think you said what grade."

"Yeah I didn't, but eleventh. I'm not supposed to be though."

"Wait you're younger than Shawn?"

"Yeah same birthday, but different year. I'm only fifteen, where as you guys are sixteen."

"Well your more mature than most people even my age or older."

"I get that a lot. I can blame it on being a freaky genius."

"Wait are you one of those really really smart kids who all ready graduated college but is doing high school over again?" She asks shocked and I just laugh.

"No, 177 IQ, but that's it. I am in advanced classes and can learn new things really quick, but that's the extent of it."

"That's still really cool."

"I honestly haven't had many people come at it with that approach. It either a really confused or weirded out reaction."

"Well I think it's awesome, so I could care less. I also have to ask, why are you here?"

"I don't know. I was at magcon and because Shawn had Aaliyah there, Nash wanted to do a sibling contest. Me and my brother against, Shawn and his sister, and Nash and Hayes. It was right after Jack and I finished singing and the person who runs it pulled everyone but me and the DJ off stage. After I had to sing three songs Shawn comes back and I don't see my brother, his best friend, and his other best friend who is like a brother to me. Shawn tells me something happened back home and I can't go back. It was between coming here or going to North Carolina with Nash. Mrs. Mendes said yes so I'm here and still confused. I don't know what could've been bad enough to send me to another country and leave without a goodbye." She wraps me in a huge hug and I smile. I honestly haven't had any friends before.

"It'll work out, don't worry. Until it does work out you have me, the Mendes family, who is a little crazy and that's only because of Shawn, and the rest of the idiots over there." She points to the group of kids out age and laughs.

"Thanks." We keep talking for a little before walking over to Shawn.

"Hey, I want to introduce you to some more people." He pulls me and I look back at Lauren and roll my eyes. She mouths sand and I nod.

"So, guys this is Sammy." I look back at the group of guys and smile.

"Hi, yeah I'm Sammy."

"Nice to meet you." They all smile and I do as well.

"Well this is my girlfriend and she's gonna be staying with me for a few months."

"Where are you from?"

"Nebraska, home of practically nothing. And I mean it, there really isn't much to do."

"Well now you are in Pickering. Home of youtube singers who go out with models from Nebraska." One of the guys adds and I laugh.

"I guess you're right." I smile.

Shawn's P.O.V

It's nice to see Sammy acting herself. She seems to be less tense. It's great, because she looks happy and she will need a lot of happy when she gets word what happened back home.