― 01 | SEVEN POTTERS

THE SUMMER AIR WAS HOT AND HUMID

THE SUMMER AIR WAS HOT AND HUMID. Rippling through the Burrow kitchen that July morning was a seemingly unlikely argument between two voices. 

"Absolutely not," Remus protested sternly at the girl before him, who had blossomed quite a bit over the past month. "You're too young."

Edelyn huffed and rolled her eyes; they had been through the same quarrel a million times before. Throwing her arms up in the air, she retorted, "I'm sixteen!"

"Precisely," Remus stated, matter-of-factly. "You're not of age."

"But—"

"You've still got the trace and you'd be defenceless if you can't use your wand," he calmly reasoned, but Edelyn was having none of it. Folding her arms across her chest, she narrowed her eyes at her godfather, and with gunmetal blue momentarily flashing brilliant green, she hissed, "Ventus!

A gust of spiralling wind hit Remus square in the front, making him take a few steps backwards before regaining his balance.

"I've been practising." The smallest of smiles spread across her lips, satisfied with the success of her wandless jinx.

"That — this — that's not the point!" Remus stammered. "Voldemort wants you. He knows about your heritage! Don't you remember what happened in June? Death Eaters won't hesitate to take you if they get the chance! It's too dangerous!"

"But they won't even know it's me! I'll be disguised as Harry!"

"Yes, but — but — the point is that you're still too young! You've still got the trace on you!"

"Yes, and so does Harry, which means, if I do use my wand, it'll make my disguise even more convincing!"

"But—"

"She's got a point there," Alastor Moody chimed in with a low grunt.

Remus turned to face him and glowered a glower that clearly stated, "Not helping, Madeye.

"Look, the purpose of the mission is to bring Harry back safely, right? Well, you're still missing a body, and here I am, ready-made!"

"But we're not missing a body. We already have a sixth."

Edelyn quirked an eyebrow at Remus. "Yes, you've got Mundungus Fletcher, the bloody thieving pinhead who cowers whenever I'm around all because I threatened him with a house-elf last year. If he's scared of me, how do you think he's going to react when he's facing a Carrow or a Lestrange?"

Remus opened his mouth to retort but was cut off as Mr Weasley interjected, "There's no point in arguing, Remus. This is Sirius' daughter you're talking to." He walked over and gave Edelyn a pat on the shoulder. "She's not going to just sit here and wait patiently as her friends are out risking their lives."