Chapter Eleven

"How the hell did you get in my room?" I ask the blond boy in front of me. He wears a devilish smirk while twirling around one of the flowers Ian bought me. I spot the rest of the bundle sitting beside him.

He pretends to study the flower carefully before setting it down and plucking another one from the bundle. "Feisty. I like it." He says, his smirk growing bigger.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of me. "Answer my question."

"No, you answer mine. Who should tell poor Ian? Me or you?" he asks.

I shake my head and stare at the ground. My jaw clenches and I can hear him let out a low chuckle.

"What makes you think I don't care about him?" I manage to get out.

I see him shrug his shoulders. "Believe it or not, I'm very smart. Very perceptive. You don't give a damn about that boy and you and I both know it."

"You're unbelievable." I spit out.

"Thank you." He tells me. He tosses my flowers on the ground and stands up. I stay still until he's directly in front of me. I refuse to look up at him. And I mean, he's right in front of me. If I inhaled too big of a breath I might touch him. That's how close we are.

But I can feel his blue eyes pouring down on me. I can feel the warmth radiating off of his skin even though we aren't touching. It's almost as if I can feel the beat of his heart because the whole room seems to shake. Maybe it's just my nerves or the own fast pace of my heart. I don't know, but he's making it impossible to move away.

"You don't like Ian that way. Just admit it." He says softly. I look down at my feet and feel my face get hot with anger.

"What if I do? Does it make a difference? Please get out of my room. I'm tired. I kind of had a busy night out with Ian." I say, fighting back a triumphant grin.

I can hear him take a sharp intake of breath. His chest heaves out and he straightens up, making him seem taller.

"Well." He says, his voice much sterner than before. "I guess I'll tell him."

He walks past me but I turn around before he can walk out the door. He must hear me, because he turns around to face me. His smirk turned into a gorgeous smile. "Change your mind?"

I feel myself get more angry than before and nervously tap my foot on the ground. "No! No I didn't, actually. I had a good time with Ian tonight and you know why I did? It was because you weren't there to ruin it! I actually got to talk with him and learn a little bit about him without your obnoxious self butting in and messing everything up! Ian's a nice, sweet guy. Maybe you should take some lessons from him! I only went on the date because I felt so bad for him. I felt bad because everything he ever did or said was always joked on and picked on by you. I realized that he wasn't the one I should feel bad for. You are. Do you take pleasure in making people feel like complete shit? Because that's all you do: you make people feel like worthless shit. Are you happy with yourself? I had a damn good time with Ian tonight. I know he did too because he didn't have to worry about you coming up and embarrassing him. So if you want to go and tell Ian that I apparently don't care about him, please do. Go make yourself look like even more of a jerk than you already are."

Alexander's smile dispersed into a frown. His bright blue eyes were darker and depressed. He had a deep crease in his forehead from thinking and his eyebrows were knit together. I feel myself calm down, un clenching my fists at my side. I take several deep breaths and wait for his response. He just stands still, staring at the ground. When he does speak, it's timid and shaky. It's completely foreign because it's not his usual velvety, silken voice. He blinked, swallowed, and then said, "I'm sorry you feel that way."

After that, he turns swiftly and almost runs out the door. He slams it behind him and I'm still frozen in my spot. I should feel good that I stood up to the arrogant, obnoxious boy. But I don't. I feel terrible. And the fact that I feel terrible about it makes me feel worse.

I decide to go to bed. I'm exhausted and we actually get to sleep in tomorrow. Before I go to sleep, I check my text messages. The only one I decide to open is from Jackie.

Everything okay over there?

She sent that 7 minutes ago. I sigh before writing her back.

I don't really know.

She's instant with her text back.

Do I need to come over? I'm sorry :(

I decide to make the next text my last since I'm so tired.

No. We'll talk tomorrow.

After that, I drift to sleep in seconds. The beds in the hotel are as soft as can be so the sleep is wonderful. When I wake up the next morning, it's 10:15. I stretch my arms and lay back down. I have tons of missed text messages but I don't even look at who they're from.

I finally crawl out of bed and go to take a shower. When I finish, I change into sweatpants and a tee shirt. It's my off day; I don't have to look nice.

I walk back over to my bed and take my phone to check all the messages. I don't even get to look before there's a loud banging on the door.

I get up and open it, Jackie's face staring back at me. "Yes?" I ask. She pushes her way into my room and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Tell me what happened?" she demands.

"Tell me how my extra room key was somehow given to Alexander." I say with a raised eyebrow.

She shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. Honestly. Tell me what happened."

I sigh and tell her everything. And I mean everything. All from going to ice cream with Alexander to yelling at him last night. She listens intently to the whole thing and just sits speechless when I'm done.

"Well?" I ask, wanting a response.

"Alexander is..." she begins, huffing when she can't finish the sentence.

"Obnoxious? Terrible? Awful?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know."

I narrow my eyes at her. "What?"

"He's trying to do something but I don't really know. Just...I don't know. I have to go." She says, getting up.

"But-"

"Bye!" she yells before running out of the door.

That was weird. This whole day was weird.

I take my book and lay on my bed, reading several chapters. I haven't read since I was on the plane. I almost feel bad that I'm reading without Alexander.

Why am I thinking that? I was so mad at him earlier and I felt bad immediately after I yelled at him. Maybe I'm bipolar like him.

I go through the text messages on my phone, mostly from Leven, Jackie, and Ian. I try to text them all back. It's about 1:00 when I find myself getting hungry. Whenever I pick up the phone to get room service, there's a knock on the door.

I set the phone down and get up to answer it. When I open it, no one is there. I look down the hall and see that nobody is in the halls. I think I'm the victim of one of Jack's lame pranks when something on the floor catches my eye.

I bend down to look at it. I pick up the small yellow container, smiling when I see that it is vanilla ice cream. Even though I tried Cookies & Cream, vanilla will always be my favorite. Underneath the container was a piece of paper. It was written in messy handwriting on a piece of paper with the hotel's names at the bottom. A ridiculous smile breaks across my face when I read it, and I read it over and over. It was so stupid, really. It could have been a lot more. And really I shouldn't forgive him at all, but I was going to even before this.

Written across the small paper was only the word "sorry". Somehow inside my messed up brain, that was enough.