17. The Tutor

17

"That was really smooth today." Carson said laughing when he met me at the library after school.

"Yeah, shut up. I forgot to set my alarm last night. I was a little distracted."

"I have slight satisfaction with that."

"You're a dork."

"Look who's talking. I'm not that one that had the word 'pride' on my head all day."

"I fell asleep on my book."

"Good job genius."

"Let's just get to work!"

"Alright! Jeez!"

We went to sit down at the table we always do, but there were two people there.

"Um...Carson...someone's at our table."

"No matter. We'll just work at another one."

"I don't want to! I like that one!"

"Are you seriously going to throw a temper tantrum over this?!"

"Maybe!"

"Gracie, don't be a child."

"Fine." I pouted and crossed my arms.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Alright, I'll ask politely if they'll move, but if they won't we sit somewhere else."

I perked up. "Okay."

He walked over to the two people at the table. I could hear anything, but I saw them smile and nod. They picked their stuff up and moved to another table. I went over and sat down with Carson. "What did you tell them?"

"That I have a slightly neurotic girlfriend who has an obsessive compulsive disorder and she really wants this table." He smirked and I glared. "The guy did ask me why I was with her then. I just laughed."

"You're a jerk."

"Hey, you got the table you wanted didn't you?"

"I suppose."

He chuckled. "Let's just get to work."

~*~

Once we finished he came over to my dorm for a little while. Through tutoring I noticed that his bag was unusually puffy. I meant to ask him about it, but I kept getting distracted.

I sat on my bed. He walked over and sat next to me. Then he leaned down and reached under my bed bringing out my now tainted teddy bear.

I grimaced. "I can't sleep with him anymore. It freaks me out too much."

"I see. Maybe this weekend we can burn him."

"That'd be fun." I smiled.

"But I have something for you."

"Really? Like a present?"

"Yep."

He reached over to his bag and opened it. Then to my utter astonishment he pulled out a little fluffy lion. My eyes got wide and he handed it to me.

I snatched it from his hands. "It's so cute!"

"Oh and this one is for Tuesdays." He then pulled out a little fluffy penguin!

I squealed and took that one too.

"So do you like them?" He asked chuckling.

I looked at him and dropped them, throwing my arms around his neck. "It's a perfect present!"