LBAWP | Chapter 3

Saffron

After Logan leaves, I sit on my bed and idly play with the corner of my blanket. I still can't believe that I can link and that maybe, just maybe, Father was wrong about my wolf. I'm keeping a close eye on her, just in case, but I haven't had to lock the door to the cage she's in. She hasn't ordered me to mate with anyone or hurt any innocent bystanders. Yeah, I could feel her getting excited while Logan and I were making out, but she never once pushed me to go further than I was comfortable with.

I fall back on the bed with a smile and raise my hands to my cheeks. They feel warm to the touch, and the memory of those kisses makes me blush further. Being with Logan was just... I let out a dreamy sigh. I never thought anything could feel that good, and I don't just mean the physical stuff, either. I love hanging out with him: when we went for pizza, when he made me lunch, and the way he called his dad Pissed Off Wolf... he's just so fun to be around, and I miss him already.

I know he said he'd be back, but how long is the conversation with POW going to take? Minutes? Hours? Then there's that announcement coming up—the one Logan kept talking about—but for all I know it's happening now and POW just didn't want me there.

I glance around the room, trying to find some other way to pass the time, and my gaze lands on Luna's book. Nope. No way am I ever reading that, no matter how curious I am. It can't hurt to just take a little peek though, right? Or maybe I shouldn't. I should just go sign Joshie's cast and ignore the book that suddenly seems to be glaring at me from the nightstand.

I climb off the bed and rush toward the open door. Logan didn't bother closing it after he left, and I quickly peek out into the hallway to see if anyone's around. No way am I getting caught reading that novel. What if Luna comes back for it? Or someone else sees me and thinks it's mine? I quickly pull the door closed and my heart racing a mile a minute as I head toward the nightstand. I hesitate at first, then reach for the book. When my fingers graze the cover, I quickly snatch it up and glance at the page Luna left it open to. Then, I pick a random paragraph and start to read.

I finish the page and feel my own pulse racing right along with Isie's

I finish the page and feel my own pulse racing right along with Isie's. I know I should probably put the book down, but I flip the page and keep going.