Chapter 41

Oh goodness.
Ariana thought as she as she stood in front of her mum's bed, Jace standing in front of her, her hand in his and the reverend before them.

"Who's here to give her away?" Reverend Matthew asked,

"We are." Abigail smiled and took ahold of Betty's hand,

Betty smiled at Abigail and looked at Ariana happily.

"Who's here to give him away?" Reverend Matthew asked,

"I am." Jack said,

Jace looked at Jack and smiled leaving Ariana to wonder what Jace was thinking. He'd asked if she trusted him and she'd said she did, but now she was regretting her answer.

"We are gathered here today..." The reverend started,

"Father, please can you skip all that bit," Abigail asked, "I might die soon and I want to see my daughter get married."

"Mum!" Ariana snapped at her mum,

She had no idea how her mum could say that lightly.

"We both know it's true dear. Might as well say it like it is."

Ariana sighed and shook her head her eyes getting teary. She always admired her mother for her honesty, but right now she didn't admire it one bit.

"The rings?" The reverend asked and everyone quietly looked at each other.

"Oh." Bridget fidgeted at the corner and everyone turned to her as she pulled out a box from her bag and handed it to Jace smiling.

Ariana glanced from her to Jace with a frown and looked at the box as Jace opened it to reveal gold wedding bands.

"Bridget?" Ariana looked at Bridget, "How...?"

"What's a wedding without rings, right?"

Ariana looked at Jace,
"You, did this?"

"Had to get the rings sometime," Jace smiled,

"I knew I liked you the second you walked in," Abigail said,

Bridget smiled at her and Ariana stayed quiet as she kept her gaze on Jace.

"Oh, Jace told me you forgot your engagement ring at home, so I went to get it." Bridget reached into her bag and took out a diamond ring then handed it to her,

Ariana was too shocked to take the ring as she stared at it. Jace smiled and took the ring from Bridget instead.

It was so beautiful.
Ariana thought then looked up at Jace who was watching her.

He took her hand and slid it onto her ring finger,
"No more taking it off."

Ariana was stunned to respond.

"The wedding bands, please," Reverend Matthew said,

Jace handed Ariana one of the wedding bands, their fingers brushed and their gazes met as they asked each other silently if they were actually doing this.

"Do you..." Reverend Matthew looked at Ariana,

"Ariana Feilman," Ariana provided,

"...Ariana Feilman take..." He looked at Jace,

"Jace Black," Jace provided.

"...Jace Black to be you wedded husband, to have and to hold, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

Ariana looked at Jace and blinked the tears away,
"I do."

"Do you Jace Black take Ariana Feilman to be you wedded wife, to have and to hold, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"