Ryan Ross x Reader - Theater

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 4 810 (oops)

You loved being a chemist. You had regular shifts at work and rarely a night shift or the Sunday shift. Most of the customers were nice and you liked your coworkers and your boss, they were all really lovely people, especially Mira, an elderly woman who often worked at the same time as you. She constantly asked you about whether you had met any interesting people you might consider dating and she always offered to help you with a pro-contra-list if you had to make any kind of decision. She also made cake once a week, which was highly appreciated by everyone. And she had made you join the local amateur theater group after you had told her you had been in the drama club at school.

At first you had been shy about joining the group, but even though some of the other members were weird and had a 'diva-complex' as Mira called it, it was great fun. Most people were a little older than you, some were a bit younger, some had already kids and a few people in Mira's age were there as well.

It was your second year with the group when your director, an energetic middle aged man called Thomas found out you liked to write. Since the play he wanted to do this year, consisted of many tiny scenes all revolving around the topic of rebellion, he had asked you to write one of the scenes. You had been hesitant at first, not having much self confidence in your writing, but in the end he convinced you to write something, offering to help you if you got stuck.

It had only been a two weeks since then. You still had loads of time to write the scene and already had an idea for it, but had not started writing yet.

It was the usual late evening meeting in the backroom of a pub, a room just big enough to fit all the members of the group inside. Currently you were discussing the cast for the first few scenes. You were sitting in the back next to Mira and one of her friends who was knitting. You shot each other disbelieving looks at the discussion the people in the front were causing, as mentioned, some of them had a 'diva-complex'.

"You would make a terrible Louise," one of the younger girls complained, "she is obviously an energetic being, nothing you could portray!"

"Hey, what are you implying here?"

"Ladies, please..."

You watched Thomas in a mixture of amusement and pity as he tried to calm down the two women before they would start to pull out each other's hair. You had a feeling they were the kind of people who had joined the theater group because they hoped to be discovered by a talent scout that way. Anyways they were always fighting about playing the most sympathetic roles, the nice ones, the one the audience could identify with. Much to you displeasure they were not the only ones. In total there were about five women and three men who always seemed to fight about everything. Each year it seemed like a miracle that you ended up with a working performance in the end.

You were pretty sure one of the fighting girls had just thrown her hand bag at the other, when suddenly the door behind your back opened with a screech. A wave of music and chatter from the pub slid in the room and along with it a tall, slim man. He quickly closed the door behind his back and shyly looked around the room until his eyes found Thomas.

"Oh, Ryan, you're here," the director exclaimed happily and waved the stranger to the front. "Everyone, meet Ryan. He's a musician and has offered to help with a bit of music for the play."

"Why do we need music," the bored voice of one of the peacock-men sounded.

"At the last meeting we decided that we would like to have a little soundtrack, which you would know, if you had been here," Thomas explained sourly.

The man just huffed.

You interestedly studied the stranger, Ryan. He had brown hair that was combed back and from what you could tell, dark eyes. He wore a black shirt and above it a leather-vest with badges. On his fingers he wore several rings and he carried a guitar case, which made a lot of sense if he was supposed to help with the music. And he was beautiful. He had light stubble and you could tell had must have been the most adorable kid, but now the cuteness had turned into masculinity. Apparently you were not the only one who thought so, judging by the suddenly increasing murmur in the front rows where the 'divas' were sitting. Ryan scanned the room shyly, obviously not sure what to expect from the people around him. When his eyes met yours, you smiled friendly, trying to make the situation less awkward for him.