<-19->

<-I-L-A-<<<
Despite the fact that I went to bed at around 4 in the morning, I managed to wake up at 8. I would have loved to sleep in but my room was too bright. On top of that, birds outside my window were nonstop chirping. I reluctantly got out from under the covers and got ready for the day.

To grieve for the loss of sleep, I made my way to the kitchen. I spotted Aiden talking to Ian. He was Leo's younger brother who also took part as one of the mafia's speedy, dependable drivers. I grabbed two fette biscottate to munch on and sat with them.

"Then she drove into the alleyway and the Furfanti ran away," Aiden said, explaining to Ian about the events of last night.

"Wow, badass." Ian complimented me. He held out his hand and we bumped fists. "You ran over anyone?"

"Gosh, no!" I said, terrified of the thought.

"Not as cool, but still dope," Ian joked. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. "If being a doctor fails again, you can become one of Il Bisbiglio's drivers."

I laughed and shook my head, "I lack the talent."

"If you give me your number, I'll call you when I drive." Ian shot his shot. "You can come along and I can teach you a thing or two."

This was only my second encounter with Ian. The 6 feet and 2 inches man with beautiful hazel eyes and light brown hair introduced himself to me earlier this the week. He was in search of a band-aid for a paper cut. Ian was a nice, funny guy.

"I don't have a phone," I said with truth. If I did, no doubt would I have given him my cell phone number.

Ian frowned, "That has to be the worst excuse to not give me your number."

"I have a phone number, but I don't have a phone." I explained, "Matteo took it away from me when I got here. I haven't gotten it back, I don't think he trusts me yet."

Ian nodded, understanding.

"I forgot you didn't come here on your own will." He chuckled as he scratched the back of his head.

I've been wanting to ask Matteo for my phone but I'm worried that he'll think I'm trying to escape or report to the police.

Aiden turning his head at the entrance of the dining room caused all of us to look. It was Matteo. He had walked into the room. The bandage around his head was still on from last night. Other than that, Matteo looked like his unemotional self.

"Matteo!" Ian yelled to get his attention. Matteo looked over at us. "Give Ila her phone! I need her digits!"

Matteo frowned at Ian. He grabbed a plate of breakfast and left the dining room without a reply.

<•••>

I didn't hear Matteo knocking at my bedroom door. He invited himself in and almost gave me a heart attack when I saw him in the mirror as I was putting away the last pair of shoes from my shopping spree.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I said, deeply breathing to calm my frightened heart.

He chucked in response.

"Do you need something?" I asked as I approached him to see what he wanted.

"Change," he told me.

"Are we starting another trading session?" I asked. I looked at the time on my watch. "It's 7 p.m."

"No," Matteo shook his head. "That starts tomorrow in the morning. Right now, I need you to change into something you'd wear if you were going on a date, nothing casual. Meet me in the living room when you're done."