The Parting of Ways - V (Final)

Continue from The Parting of Ways - IV

---

"I've got a problem."

The Doctor looked up from his work after hearing Lynda's voice through the comm.

"They've found me."

"You'll be all right, Lynda." The Doctor reassured. "That side of the station's reinforced against meteors."

"Hope so!" She replied. "You know what they say about Earth workmanship."

He heard the sound of glass shatter, Lynda's scream, then silence. His hearts started to ache for her. He looked back to hear Jack's face outside the door. "The last man standing! For God's sake, Doctor, finish that thing and kill them!"

"Finish that thing and kill mankind!" The Emperor corrected.

-

Jackie and Lily watched from outside the TARDIS. Rose stood inside the box, giving Mickey, who was driving the truck, instructions.

"Keep going!" Rose encouraged.

"Put your foot down!" Jackie shouted to him.

The chain began to strain but it wasn't enough. "Faster!"

"Give it some more, Mickey!" Lily shouted.

"Keep going!" Rose yelled.

"Come on, come on!" Lily chanted. "Give it some more!"

With one last tug, the console of the TARDIS ripped open. Rose, mesmerized by the light, looks inside the heart, allowing golden energy to streams into her eyes.

"Rose!" Lily called out and ran into the TARDIS.

Mickey and Jackie went to follow her but the doors slam shut the second Lily entered. Mickey and Jackie watched helplessly as the TARDIS starts to dematerialize away.

-

"Rose?" Lily slowly walked up to her but knew to keep her distance. The TARDIS engines continued humming, sending them back to the Doctor.

Rose snapped her head to Lily, her eyes shining gold.

"I am the Bad Wolf." Her voice echoed. "I create myself." She moved her hand in a waving motion. "I take the words, I scatter them in time and space." Lily watched as letters danced above her head, then vanished.

"This was a bad idea." Lily cried. "This is going to kill you." Lily walked closer, reaching out for her sister. "I need to stop this."

She felt helpless. She didn't know how to save Rose or if she could. All she could do was hug her.

-

"It's ready!" The Doctor announced. He looked up to see Daleks pour into the room from all sides. He put his hand on the switch. "You really want to think about this, because if I activate the signal, every living creature dies."

"I am immortal." The Emperor replied.

"Do you want to put that to the test?"