Chapter 16

An hour later, all of them sat around the table, talking at the same time, asking about what they had discovered. Steve and Nat talked with each other. Meanwhile, Tory sat with a tablet and a laptop opened in front of her, hacking into the security system from London's traffic, Bucky sat on her left side, searching for any upcoming events that would lead a crowd to the streets.

"Wanna explain what's this all about?" Tony asked, eyeing his sister, then the man beside her with questioning eyes.

"We know where HYDRA's going to attack next," Steve spoke up, everyone turned to him. The room fell silent, finger fastly tapping on a keyboard the only sound that could be heard.

"Then why are we still sitting here?" Stark questioned again.

"Not really wise all the Avengers to all of a sudden arrive in London. What are we going to say... 'Oh don't worry, we just came to take down a terrorist organization that wants to spread a virus on the world starting from here?'" Tory told them, her eyes never leaving the screens.

"London it is?" Bruce mumbled, focusing on the glass windows in front of him, ignoring the woman's sarcasm.

"Yes. We don't know when yet. I was thinking on half of the team to go for a recognition mission if we find something, the rest be ready to go," Steve explained. Tory arched her eyebrows in frustration.

"Tony please, take a look at this."

She handed her brother the tablet, a new bunch of passwords blocking her work on backing down the firewall.

"You're hacking into London's security cameras? What the hell!?" He looked at her.

"We need to have eyes on the streets. Try to find anything that's out of place. Cars, agents, weapons. That's the best way," Nat countered, walking to Bucky, who was awfully quiet since they entered the room.

"Found anything?"

"Queen's birthday is in two days," he responded, pointing to the information on the screen as if it explained a lot of things.

"The whole guard will be there, a bunch of people to see the royal family on the Buckingham Palace, the parade. Perfect opportunity."

"Well, it appears they want it to be a big tragedy," Vision commented, crossing his hands.

"Chaos would fastly spread," Wanda pointed out, her eyes fastly glowing red.

"And it's done... We have access to all the public places with cameras," Tory informed them, mirroring the footages to the big screen for everyone to see.

"Alright then. Want you all ready to live at dawn. We need to approach without been noticed by anyone."

Steve said something else, but Tory didn't listen. She had her head on other things. Both Starks were the ones to create everybody's weapons and combat gears. For this mission, they would need protection against the diseases, in case they couldn't stop it from launching and her mind already had ideas.

"We'll inform their special forces about what's going to happen," Cap continued talking.

"I'll talk to Sharon. She's in London for some security breach," Tory spoke up, reaching for her cellphone on the table.

"You keep in contact with her?" Natasha asked curious, a little bit of dislike on her voice.

"Sure. Since the whole DC thing and Aunty Peggy's... you know..." she answered, her voice cracking on the end, remembering the painful memories of the funeral. She cleared her throat and got out of the room with the phone on her ears. Steve and Bucky exchanged a look.