Chapter 27

Isabel hung around in the office and chatted with Mason a bit more before she decided to head downstairs.

"I'll send you a video of her reaction later." Isabel giggled while waving at Mason as the elevator doors closed.

When the doors re-opened on the ground floor Isabel stepped out, but she didn't turn to head in the direction that would take her to the dorm area, instead, she turned and headed towards the cafeteria.

She remembered that Davina had only had a mild soup to eat at the hospital earlier and she would definitely be hungry by now and craving her coffee. Isabel scrunched her nose at the thought of coffee, it wasn't exactly her favorite drink and she couldn't stand it unless it was mixed with milk and sugar. She didn't know how Kim and Davina could drink that ungodly concoction like it was water. Yuck!

But, all the same, it was what her friend liked so she would be a dear and get it for her.

Isabel didn't plan to take long, really, but it was just after two in the afternoon, it was the time when most of the artistes where either just coming in or going out, shifting gears from morning to evening and the place they liked to gather because it had the most space, second to the recreation room was the cafeteria.

The moment Isabel entered through the doors she was swarmed: one, because it had been a long time since she showed her face at the company.

The day that she was reborn, Isabel had just returned from shooting 'My Lord, My Lady Season 5' in D City and she had been gone for almost three months so her family missed her.

Two, some of them had heard about Kelvin's incident and they were concerned so came to inquire and offer support if she needed it. Once they heard that he was fine and had even been discharged, everyone was relieved, even joking around that it probably had something to do with genes since Isabel was so tenacious that she never even caught a cold in her life. Isabel had chased that person for a long time and given him a good beating for indirectly calling her an idiot. The atmosphere was very lively.

Three, Tom's message had finally gotten around and a lot more people had heard about the history behind her and Brycen's relationship, Brycen's cheating and their impending divorce. 

Although the older members of Sunshine from back when Isabel had just joined knew the full story about Brycen and Isabel, the newer members hadn't known so it came as a shock and they were outraged.

How could that man treat their Izzy this way? Who did he think he was? He wasn't even that handsome. If their President were to take a shave and walk out he would be a thousand times more handsome than that Brytch, plus he was taller too!

(A/N: 'Brytch' is a term christened by @Harunomikon. A mix between 'Brycen' and 'bitch'. It's Brycen's official degradation and it will be seen more often from here.)

Did Brycen really think he was worthy of Izzy? Why didn't he take a piss and see himself before getting too proud?

Hearing them cursing Brycen to high heaven, Isabel laughed until her stomach hurt, but her eyes weren't smiling, not really. These people, more than half of them would turn on her for benefits, but at the same time she couldn't be angry at them, it was human nature to lean to the side that granted one the most benefits.

Seeking benefits and assurance for one's own success, seeking one's own interest—at times even brothers of blood could fight to the death over an inheritance, so what were complete strangers to abandon another in the face of self-preservation? It was common sense, she was the one who had been too naïve.

"Hey Izzy, what do you have there?" Suddenly somebody inquired about the folder she was holding. "Is it the itinerary for next weekend?"

Hearing the words 'next weekend', the eyes of every person present lit up and they locked onto the folder in Isabel's hands as though they were hungry wolves and it was a fresh piece of meat.