Chapter 49, Blank notes

While Amber goes up to her room, I call in another meeting with the East

While Amber goes up to her room, I call in another meeting with the East. Only this time, just Rhodes.

He stands there with his ridiculous coat while I load all the guns on my desk. There's something we have to discus. Something without Amber or the other guys.

"Rhodes, you do realize Xavier wants Amber dead," I start.

"Because her Dad was a Sterling member? Yeah, I know," Rhodes replies.

I grit my teeth because I usually never have to deal with this kind of attitude. Especially since I'm busy loading guns while he stands there without a care.

"If we make that trade, Amber will most likely die-"

"Then lets not make the trade!" Rhodes interrupts.

I want to agree with the bastard. I want to tell him fine and just leave the North's request. I really don't want Amber anywhere near the devil himself, but... 

"We have to get Lynch back," I say, because he's just 15 and good and kind and maybe dead if we don't do the trade. He doesn't deserve any of this. His mom is a drug-addict, because of my business and Amber... As much as I want the girl... she was born into this...

"You can't be serious," Rhodes says.

"Don't you want your second in command back?" I ask, because Matt's been at Isabella for a while now and I can't imagine him being alive for too long. That's if he's alive at all.

"Of course I do, but we can't risk Amber," Rhodes says.

I hand him a sneer. "Don't pretend to care about Amber. You're the one that has this bet going," I growl.

"Only because I need you out of this town if I can truly have Amber. You won't let me just have her and be fine with that," Rhodes points out and the bastard has a point. I definitely won't settle for Amber picking Rhodes.

"Then what do you suggest we do about Amber getting traded tomorrow? Because trust me, with that girl, it's going to happen. She's too stubborn to pick another plan," I point out.