Chapter 52, Want a cookie?

"Now, I'm really wishing I kept that boy alive," I hear Xavier say through the microphone

"Now, I'm really wishing I kept that boy alive," I hear Xavier say through the microphone. And everything Matt and I have been through flashes through my mind in a split second.

How three years ago, I was on patrol like usual and I just knew, something wasn't right. So, I went to go investigate and after some searching, I saw a coat wearing bastard in our convenience store. Everyone knows the East always wear their damn coats.

I was distressed both because someone from the East was on our side, but also because my favorite brand of cookies are only sold there and if Matt does anything to that store, I won't have my cookies anymore.

Deciding not to open fire while Matt was inside, I waited until he walked out. And sure enough, when the coat wearing bastard finally emerged, he was holding a stack of my favorite cookies.

He had a heart attack when he spotted me, the cookies nearly dropping out of his hands and he had one in his mouth as well, so he couldn't exactly talk too much.

I raised my gun - not exactly sure what to do with a gang member holding a bunch of my favorite cookies.

Then again, just buying all of my favorite cookies should be punishable by death. And then, this blond, coat wearing bastard, said the words that made me nearly drop my jaw. 

"Want a cookie?" he asked.

And I felt like nobody understood me more in that moment.

I lowered my gun and walked over with a goofy grin before taking at least five cookies. Food is my life and anyone that would offer me some, is most certainly my friend.

After that, Matt and I decided to walk back to the border together - to make sure a West-side member doesn't spot him or anything.

"Thanks for not killing me," Matt said when we got to the border eventually.

"No problem," I responded.

And he left.

So, for weeks, I couldn't get my mind off of how civil we were even though we were in enemy gangs. The East killed Blake's brother and dad so tension were higher than ever. I knew Matt was bisexual, everyone did, but I wasn't too sure about myself. All I knew, was that I was definitely different.