Chapter 60, Mysterious Fucker

A/N: This chapter has 32k more reads than the others

A/N: This chapter has 32k more reads than the others.  32k People just spoiled the ending for themselves.

DO NOT SKIP. I SWEAR TO GOD YOU DON'T FIND OUT WHO SHE ENDS UP WITH. GO BACK AND READ YE LAZY BASTARD. TRUST ME YOU'LL RUIN THE BOOK IF YOU JUST THINK TO QUICKLY SKIP AHEAD AND KNOW THE SHIP.

SO ENJOY THE LAST CHAPTERRRR AND VOTE WHILE YOU'RE HERE IF Y0U DIDN'T SKIP.

Death makes you think. And I've been thinking a lot of what my epilogue will say. A few months ago it could've talked about how I would always have paint on my clothes. Now? Now it'll be quiet and dark. 

The girl inside me, the one in that well is a sobbing mess. Desperately clawing to get back out. To get to the light. But then, whoever I am now. This hard, unyielding shell, doesn't care.

"The unknown number messaged me," Owen says.

I turn to him. "And?" I ask while trying to pick something to wear. 

Owen has been doing this for a while now. It's his little routine to fill me in on gang information while I pick what to wear in the mornings. I know it should feel reassuring, safe even to have Owen here, but all I find myself caring about is picking a damn outfit.

"The North is moving. They're going to the docks for a shipment," Owen answers.

"Then we go intercept them," I say with a shrug. My physical strength isn't how I want it to be, but guns do the killing for you.

"We can't beat them yet. The gang meeting is only in a month's time. I called everyone who's someone and loyal to the East and West to have this meeting. We're introducing you as the leader, but for now, we have to wait. Besides, I have no idea how you'll contact the rest of the Sterling gang's members," Owen says.

"We are Sterling, Owen," I reply.

When I finally have an outfit - modern black tights with a black halterneck and no paint, I turn around towards Owen. He already knows to look away when I quickly dress.

"You're not strong enough. We can't go start a fight with the North," Owen tries to reason.

I pull on my clothes and then walk over to where Owen is sitting on my bed. "Then we'll just talk," I say.