CHAPTER 6

"Know anything about the Supernatural, darling?" Kol asked me. I shook my head no in response. My hands were shaking but I rubbed them against my thighs to calm myself down.

"Long story short, we're Vampires, love. The Original Vampires," Rebekah stated, "Yes, we exist. So does werewolves and witches among other things,"

"H-hold on. So..so, you're saying t-that the blood-sucking thing, t-the turning on a full moon and magic is real?" I asked in disbelief. They've got to be kidding me.

"Want some proof, sweetheart?" Klaus asked and before I could respond, Kol was in front of me with veins protruding from his face, eyes red as blood and fangs coming out of his mouth. I didn't scream but I fell back on the couch in surprise.

I was shocked by the sudden revelation but fear was the last thing I feel around them. I should be scared—Heck, I should be running away by now. But, with what they are, they could've hurt me already. Instead, they saved me and healed me.

I slowly propped myself up with my elbows supporting my weight, "This is...amazing,"

"Well, aren't you full of surprises as well," Rebekah commented. Kol no longer had his vampire face out and about yet he stood in front me with arms crossed.

"Why aren't you scared?" He demanded, his eyes narrowing at me.

"I-I don't know. I should be b-but...I'm not," I stuttered.

"Stop it, Kol. The poor girl has had enough for today," Klaus butted in, "However, we need an explanation from you, sweetheart,"

"W-what do you need to know?"

"Everything." I sighed and sat properly on the couch. The three vampires stood before me as they awaited my life story. I do owe it to them after all.

"My full name's Persephone Forbes. Caroline is my...twin sister," I started. I saw a flicker of surprise in their eyes but I continued, "It started when I was 7. At first, it was just calling me names at home. But, as we grew older, Caroline became more aggressive. I-I don't know why she does it. It's been like that ever since. When she met Elena and Bonnie, she got them in on it too and—" A tear fell down my eye but I wiped it away before it multiplies, "It started out as teasing but then they began to physically hurt me. They'd trip me, slap me."

"What about your mum? What was she doing?" Rebekah asked.

"Nothing," I looked at her in the eye as I said this, "She didn't care. I was always left out. Everything got worse when dad left us and I haven't heard from him since. The whole school pretended I was invisible. I had no one but myself. For God's sake, my bedroom is the basement! My mother hates me! My sister hurts me!"

I didn't mean to shout but I had to let it out. For 11 years, I had to endure such torment. I had to keep all my feelings bottled up because I had no one to turn to. But, with them, I feel like I could tell them everything. And I did.

Rebekah ran to me and embraced my sobbing figure. I felt my shoulder getting wet and I realized she was crying as well. Kol was looking at me and I could see pain in his eyes. Klaus, well, a tear ran down his cheek but he wiped it away before anyone else saw it. He walked towards me and bent down so we were eye to eye.

He gripped my shoulder and said, "Love, how would you like a little bit of revenge?"