Teaser

Rain drops soaked her cotton salwar suit and her tears had no bounds. Her feet felt heavy. She doesnt know how long she has walked and where she is now. The girl who has never traveled alone, today she walked miles away from her home, away from the husband she loves. She walked lifelessly on the streets of Delhi. Fear was in her least priority.

The streets were dark and the only illumination were the sodium vapour lights reflecting on the rain soaked roads. Her tears match with the rains and her mood match with the melancholy of the weather. She stopped walking in front of a wooden bench and sat with the thud on it.

She wrapped around her favorite shawl, that belonged to her father, tightly trying to shield her from the rain and the chills but failed miserably. It also failed to shield her from her unfaithful husband and that woman whom she refused to call her mother.

Married at the age of 18, trusting her husband blindly was the biggest mistake that she has made and she realize it now. All these thoughts and whatever happened in the mansion made her dizzy and puckish. The realization drawn to her then. She touched her tummy and few more tears started to role down her cheeks as if making her bathe in pain.

"I cannot let you come in this ruthless world dear", she sobbed. "I know I am wrong thinking of killing you. But what will you see after you are born? Your dad who sleeps around your grand-mother?" an uncontrollable sob broke. How could she let that monster touch her, allowed him to make love to her?

She was so happy when the doctor broke the new of her pregnancy and then at mansion everything got destroyed like a castle of cards. The happiest news now haunted her, mocked her, and laughed at her.

"I need to abort the child soon before he comes to know about this. I cannot give birth to this innocent soul and destroy his/her life like mine.