Chapter Fifty Six

"Princess Bai Fan!" A cheerful voice greeted me as soon as I entered Chen Manor.

I raised my head and was met by the overly excited Prince Mo Li. He was covered in white clothing, his hair was pulled back in a single bun, adorned in wooden beads, and he had a friendly grin on his face. If he was bald, he would pass for a daoist priest.

"Prince Mo Li, why are you here?" I questioned him.

"Princess, is that how you receive your guests?" He pouted, as if he was being bullied.

"Of course, I'm sorry. Were was my manners," I grinned and told the servants to prepare tea and rice cakes for the prince.

"That's more I like it!" He said and plopped back at the cushioned seat.

The servant came and placed the food in front of us. Prince Mo Li took the cup of tea and sipped on it, satisfaction written on his face.

"Did you miss Riu so much that you have come to visit him?" I teased him.

"Oh please, its the other way around." Prince Mo Li snorted.

I laughed remembering how Riu would chase around Prince Mo Li back in the Mo Manor.

"Anyway, the first prince is not around. He escorted the Han envoy back to Han empire." I informed Prince Mo Li. He must be looking for Chen Mu if he came here.

"That's exactly why I'm here."

"Huh?" I looked at him in question.

"I'll accompany you to Han Empire!" Prince Mo Li announced.

"Why?"

"We'll go rescue your husband!"

Before I could answer, Prince Mo Li had stood up and dragged me to his carriage. The Chen Manor servants followed with my chests and loaded up the other carriages.

"Let's go!"

The carriage started to move and I was stupefied to even comprehend what was happening.

I didn't know notice how many hours had passed but when I woke up from my slumber, the carriage had stopped and we were in an unknown town. I raised the curtain of the carriage window and took a quick peek outside.

The town was just like the imperial capital. There were different establishments in the area and people crowded the streets.

I dropped the curtain down and summoned one of the servants outside. Xiao Yu was left in the Chen Manor so I had no one to talk to. Prince Mo Li was in the other carriage as well.

"Miss, what can I help you with?" The young girl who was standing outside of the carriage asked.

"Can you ask Prince Mo Li what we are doing here?"

The young girl nodded her head and went to the carriage in front of mine. A few seconds later, Prince Mo Li ascended in my carriage.

"Princess, we are in the outer skirt of the Han Empire. In the afternoon, we will arrive at the Han Capital. Chen Mu is already waiting for us there." Prince Mo Li told me and I nodded in understanding.

Though I didn't understand what was happening at all. Prince Mo Li just came and brought me to the Han empire without fully explaining what "rescue your husband" really meant.

"Just relax. Everything is under control." Prince Mo Li gave me a reassuring smile and went out of the carriage.

The young girl came back with food and I spent the rest of the journey eating and taking a nap. I was awaken by the sudden jolt of the carriage and heard people arguing outside.

I was getting nervous as the voices became louder then it suddenly become quiet. My carriage door opened and revealed Chen Mu who was wearing his Dark Shadow suit, all black with his mask on.

"Mu Mu..." I jumped out of the carriage and into his arms.

"Fan'er..." Chen Mu hugged me then settled me on the ground.

"What's going on?" I asked in worry.

"Let's go back inside the carriage. I'll explain everything to you." He said and ushered me in. The carriage started to move again and I held on Chen Mu's sleeves.

"Mu Mu, are you in trouble?" I asked, pulling Chen Mu's mask down.

"No."

"Then why did Prince Mo Li said that we're going to rescue you?"

"He's overreacting."

I eyed him suspiciously.

"Does this have something to do with Princess Lu Si?" I tried to guess.

He nodded.

"What does she want?"

"Me."

My grip on his sleeves tightened. He noticed it and let out a low chuckle at my reaction.

"Its not funny." I frowned at him.

"Are you jealous?" He asked, carefully eyeing my reaction. As if it was fascinating to watch me struggle with my emotions.

Me? Jealous? Hah!

"Of course not." I snapped at him.

I loosened my grip on him and sat back when he started to take of his clothes. I cleared my throat and shifted my sight to the carriage floor, my cheeks starting to burn.

"We're in a carriage, you know." I reminded him.

"What are you thinking?" He quipped as he continued untying the knot on his waist, his pants slipping of his legs.

"Chen Mu!" I shrieked as I covered my eyes with both my hands.

"You've already seen me naked." Chen Mu shrugged.

I slowly lowered my hands, taking a peek at Chen Mu. I gulped when I saw his exposed chest glistening under the dim light, that sensitive v line, and his thick thighs.

"You're peeking." Chen Mu uttered in a teasing manner.

I quickly clasped my hands on my eyes again, "Excuse me, I am not!"

Braincell 1: Bai Fan, are you a pervert?

Braincell 2: You've already seen it. What's the point of covering your eyes?

Braincell 3: Go ahead. Touch it. Its yours.

After a moment of awkward silence, Chen Mu removed my hands and I opened my eyes to see that he had changed his clothes. He was now wearing an official garb signifying his status as a prince, with the golden lion emblem attached to his chest.

"Bai Fan, as soon as we arrive at the Han Capital, stay close to me. Don't go anywhere without telling me. Do you understand?"

I nodded like a child obediently listening to his father's reminder.

"Also, if someone bothers you, tell me immediately." Chen Mu continued.

Prince Mo Li opened the carriage door and rolled his eyes on Chen Mu, "You sound like an old man. Don't worry too much about Princess Bai Fan, I'm sure she can tackle Princess Lu Si with ease."

Wait...

So I'm going to have a face off with Princess Lu Si?

Chen Mu pulled the door and slammed it shut in front of Prince Mo Li, "Didn't they tell you not to meddle with couple's affair?"

Prince Mo Li pulled the door open once again, "Couple's affair? You look like father and daughter!"

"Riu..."

[[ Hello, I'm here to shamelessly promote my new story titled The Priestess. Hehe. That's all. Thank you. ]]