Chapter 22: Tension

I gasp out in pain as I manage to burst through John's front door. I carefully lay Sera down and close the door. Her breathing was getting a bit slower. I walk to her, but wince and fell down next to her.

"Hey..." I smile to her weakly.

"Hey..." She looked at me with worried eyes, "I'm sorry..."

"For what?" I pant out.

"I couldn't't heal you." She look away, "I kinda slowed you down."

"Nah... You were badass." I smiled.

Sera give me a small smile, "Thanks... You knew that kid... The hooded person. Is there something that you're not telling me?"

"... He was a friend." I sigh, "We were both cripples obviously. I was the most experience since I have to deal with a lot of mid to high-tiers. So, I taught him. Taught him how to fight."

"Wow... You should teach John something."

"Oh I did." I chuckled a bit, but winced at my wound which was a bit open, "Worth it."

"I bet... I could see why Elaine likes you."

"What?" I blush and look away, "Nooooo, shut up."

"I'm serious, and I know that you like her as well..." Sera just dropped the fact.

I sighed in defeat after a few seconds, "Alright. I do like her. The problem is... I'm dating Remi."

"Oh... That's a problem."

"No shit." I cough a bit of blood. "... We need to remove that bullet." I pointed at the wound on her waist

"Yeah. I think it's a flesh wound... Still hurts." Her eyes slowly start to close, "I'm... Tired... Wake me... up when it's... Over..." She dozes off.

I can't blame her, she lost so much blood. My ability manage to heal most of her wound without her noticing. I just need to remove the bullet for the wound to be truly heal.

Not to mention the injection Sera received, I need to inject her with the cure. The same cure I gave myself back at my house. It is expensive though, all the materials. I need to go to Midoriya.

"Hey, I'm back." I heard someone open the door.

I turn to look and see John just stood there, his eyes widen in horror as he stared at the two of us, "G-Guys!"

I cough out a bit of blood, "I-I'm fine... Sera..."

John rush to me, "What happen?!" His hands laid heavy on my shoulders.

"Some goons attacked Sera." I shrugged off his hands, "I tried my best to help her. Look, don't worry about me! Care for her!"

John quickly transition to Sera, "Why is she not waking up??"

"Lost of blood. I manage to seal the wound, the bullet is in the way though... I would pull it out, but it'll risk to more bleeding. Not to mention-" I see John dialing on Sera's cracked phone, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to get Elaine."

"I'm sorry, what?" I glared.

"The healer." He glared back, "You know. Your girl-"

"Shut it." My eyes glow weakly.

John put the phone next to his ear, few seconds later he spoke, "Elaine! Quick, I need you to come over right away!"

"Like I'll listen to a cripple like you!" I heard Elaine from her end to the point where John has to pull away from her. Immediately, she hung up.