cxli.

"C'mere, Toaster!" Jimin cooed, patting his hands on his laps. "Come to J-Jimin!"

The kitten skipped over and sniffed at Jimin's hands. Jimin was doing his best to stay still and not startle the poor thing while Hobi looked on, excited.

"I can't believe she named him Toaster though," Hobi said, laughing as the kitten's pale pink tongue darted out to caress Jimin's palm for a second before she skittered off under the bed.

"She said it was a tribute to all of the toasters that Namjoon broke," Yoongi said dryly. "To honor the memory of our fated kitchen appliances."

"I don't think she'll answer to Toaster though," Hobi said before narrowing his eyes mischievously. "Serendipity, come here!"

The kitten stared at him.

"C-Calico!" Jimin tried, but the kitten wouldn't move.

"All right now, Gerald, come say hi to me," Yoongi commanded with no luck.

"...Toaster?" Hobi asked questioningly, and the kitten bounded right over. Hobi just shrugged, his eyes wide before he sighed in resignation, chuckling under his breath. "Toaster it is."

***

"Can we come to your practice, hyung?" Jungkook asked, Tae elbowing his, but Jungkook just elbowed back, maintaining eye contact with Jin. "Please?"

Jin blinked. "You want to...watch my practice?"

Jungkook nodded before turning to Tae and giving him a look, pinching his arm.

Tae yelped and smacked Jungkook's hand before turning back to Jin. "Well, um, yeah. We were just thinking that it's unfair of us to be mad at you for not spending more time with us when we haven't really been invested in your life either. So we wanted to watch you guys practice today. And then maybe-"

Tae got caught off by an elbow underneath his rib cage, and he and Jungkook exchanged glares and silent communication for a few tense moments before Tae looked back at Jin, huffing.

"And then what?" Jin asked, but Jungkook shook his head, a hand on Tae's arm to prevent him from...whatever it was that Tae had wanted to do.

"And then nothing," Jungkook said. "We just want to see our hyung practicing hard."

Jin frowned, confused, but let the frown fall off his face, replaced by a confused smile as he nodded. "All right? I have to go and change but we'll be out on the football in twenty minutes to start practice."

Jungkook grinned, throwing Jin a thumbs up before dragging Tae away.

Jin tilted his head. What's gotten into them?

***

Namjoon stood across from the high school principal. To his left sat the principal from the lower school, a man Namjoon both respected and appreciated very much for working to understand Yoongi rather than merely punish him. They were friends of sorts, or perhaps mutual troops defending against the being known as Kim Yoongi. He nodded toward Namjoon.

The principal on the other side of the desk, Mr. Mok? Namjoon wasn't a huge fan.

"I'm back for our monthly meeting," Namjoon announced with a sigh as he sat down. "What's our conversation piece for today?"

The principal on the other side of the desk tilted his head back and forth as though debating what to say and how to say it.

The principal on Namjoon's left leaned slightly forward in his seat, his eyebrows a bit raised. "How has Yoongi been? I know he's had a few rough patches lately."