22: Leigh

22: Leigh

            Book recommendations went back and forth.

            Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley.

            Just One Day by Gayle Foreman.

            The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.

            The Beginning of Everything by Robin Schneider.

            The Secret Hum of a Daisy by Tracy Holczer.

            Each book, each character, each author, each word made Leigh fall in love. She had never read so fast or so much in her life; trying to squeeze in as many pages in between her studies. There had been a temporary slip in one of her biology exams, but that was because she stayed up until three in the morning, completely captivated by A.S. King's writing style, but she made sure it wouldn't happen again.

            Leigh was convinced that the only thing getting her through school was her daily note from Noah. No matter how awful her day was, he'd always know how to make it better. And even when she didn't think her day could get any better, Noah proved her otherwise. But Leigh was craving more than a single note a day.

            So, that afternoon, instead of replying to Noah's previous note, she wrote something else and left it on her desk before exiting the library.

            0424-123-5001
            Text me tonight?
            - Leigh