Chapter 3

~~~

~~~

Elijah looked at the group of strangers, veins popping out beneath his eyes as he went to grab the black haired guy by his throat. Pinning him to the wall.

'Who are you?!' He sneered.

But before Elijah got an answer, Bree interfered.

'Elijah! For all we know they're innocent! Let the poor guy go!' She exclaimed.

Elijah had let go of Killian in no time, not out of kindness however... no. Bree had started a coughing fit. And to Snow Whites horror, she started coughing up blood.

'I told you to lay down on the couch, sister,' Elijah told her, while lifting her up and laying her down on the couch.

Bree sighed, 'At least get the place cleaned up, we're having guests and we're surrounded by blood and torn bodies.'

Elijah looked around as if only now noticing that this was not what a normal house should look like and nodded.

'What are you?' Henry asked. And to Bree's surprise the young boy was not afraid nor disgusted, just curious.

She shot him a knowing smile, 'Vampire, I'm a vampire. And a witch too.'

'Vampires exist?' Emma exclaimed, trying to push Henry behind her.

'Yeah... they do...' Camille sighed.

'Do you... drink... blood?' Ruby asked, her voice raspy.

Bree smiled reassuringly, 'Only blood bags, sometimes murderers or rapists. And yes... there are vampires who survive on animal blood. No, we don't freaking sparkle.'

'Why don't you? Why don't you drink animal blood?' Neal asked, his eyes clearly judging her eating habits already.

A sigh escaped Bree's lips, she had no idea why she was telling these strangers all these things.
'Because, before I found out it was possible... I had already been living on human blood for five hundred years. Then there's the fact that it makes you weaker and I can't afford that. My family has made many enemies in our time roaming this earth, if I want to protect myself or others... I can't be weak.'

'How did you get so many enemies?' Regina asked.

She had had made a thousand of enemies when she was the Evil queen. However she had been able to explain that she had changed.

Bree thought carefully about the words she was going to say, 'My brothers and my sister are not known for their empathy. You see... We don't like the feeling of threat, so we shut it down before it grows. I often tend to forgive people, my siblings do not.'

Ruby however had also a question, 'How old are you?'

Bree shrugged, 'I stopped counting a long while ago, over a thousand I guess.'

Killian was probably handling this the best out of everyone, but he himself was over two hundred years old. After spending so much time in Neverland his ageing had gotten so messed up, he was practically immortal. Except he could be killed, in any other way than old age.

Another shock ran through Snow White, only barely recovered from the last one. She had trouble keeping her balance. And Bree noticed.

'Do you want to sit next to me?' She asked the woman kindly.

However Snow's eyes were laced with immense fear, Bree noticed that too.

'Never mind.' She sighed, a groan escaped her lips as she felt the werewolf venom spreading.

'Need a little help, sister?' Niklaus's voice echoed through the compound.

'Oh, thank god. I thought you'd never show.' Bree whimpered.

Niklaus shot her a devilish smile and bit in his wrist, within in a second he was by her side and gently let his sister drink his blood. Normally he wouldn't have been gentle or kind, but he had a soft spot for Brynhilde. In fact, all the Originals did.

Snow white hid her face in Charming's chest out of pure disgust of the scene in front of her. Emma covered Henry's eyes. But to their surprise, her wound healed and Bree began looking healthier. The healthiest one can look while being covered in blood, of course.

'Well, excuse me. I have to go execute whoever was behind this,' Niklaus said with a smirk on his face.

Bree nodded and waved him goodbye, she looked around her. The room and her were still covered in blood. She closed her eyes and muttered a few spells. Snow white gasped as she slowly watched the horror scene disappear, only to discover that the house was actually quite beautiful.

Bree looked at the strangers, 'So, we're hosting a ball tomorrow and you're invited. I like the lot of you. Wear something extravagant, it's not just a party.'

Regina nodded, 'We'll be there.'

Snow White shot Regina a death glare, she really didn't want to spend anymore time in New Orleans. No. If it were up to her, they'd be leaving before dawn.