5. Family Ties (Part 1)

Allison was pacing back and forth in her bedroom, desperately trying to think of a way for Elena to stay away from Stefan. She knew that she couldn't make it to obvious to Stefan and Damon that she wasn't under his mind control, but she needed to convince Elena that they weren't good and that she wasn't safe around them.

Allison sighed loudly and fell back on her bed staring at the ceiling. How was she supposed to tell Elena that she shouldn't date Stefan anymore? she would seem like a two faced bitch. Just the other day she was saying how great he was and now she despised him. Elena wasn't going to be happy with this, but Allie was only thinking of her and her safety.

And then there was Caroline. No matter how much Allison disliked her, she didn't want to see her hurt in any way. What if Damon was hurting her, or feeding off her? She shuttered at the thought, poor Caroline. Her phone then buzzed in her pocket signalling that she had a text. She leaned over to her bedside table and read it. It was from Bonnie asking if she wanted to go to the Mystic Grill before going down to Elena's to get ready for the Founder's Party. She thought about it for a moment and nodded to herself texting her that she would be at the Grill in a little bit. 

She got off her bed and headed towards her bathroom to curl her hair. After she had completed that she went down the stairs to the kitchen to grab herself a bagel and then leave. When she got downstairs she expected to see her father watching the news or reading the newspaper, but he was no where in sight. Deciding not to think anything of it, she shrugged her shoulders and got her stuff together that she needed for tonight and shoved them in a duffel bag walking out of her house. Allison locked the door and walked down the driveway got in her car and headed to the Grill.

 Allison locked the door and walked down the driveway got in her car and headed to the Grill

Damon was lying on Caroline's bed reading one of the 'Twilight' books. He had heard about the franchise and wondered what all the fuss was about. To be honest he hated the books. They portrayed vampires all wrong, and it annoyed him slightly. 

Caroline was trying on a yellow dress standing in front of her mirror seeing how she looked in it. She turned to Damon waiting for his opinion. He continued reading the book and said, "no yellow. Jaundice. Go for the blue." Caroline huffed and turned back to the mirror to look at her reflection. "But I don't like the blue." Damon sighed and told her, "Well, I do. And if I'm gonna be your date-" He was cut off by Caroline. "You cannot be my date. My mother is going to be there and she's a very proud gun owner." she explained. 

Annoyed slightly he said, "I went through a lot of trouble to make sure this party wasn't cancelled. It's very important that I be there." Damon then turned to her as she turned back to him and he looked her directly in the eyes, "Please, take me." he said in an aloof tone. Caroline stared into his eye a few seconds after he said it and suddenly she wanted to take him to the Founder's Party. "You should come to the Founder's Party with me." Happy, he told her, "Not if your wearing that dress." 

Caroline shrugged out of the yellow dress and walked over to her closet. Damon grimaced at something he read in the book and said to Caroline, "What's so special about this Bella girl? Edward's so whipped." Caroline laughed lightly and continued looking through her closet. "You gotta read the first book first. It won't make sense if you don't." she said. He sighed, "I miss Anne Rice. She was so on it."