Chapter 18- Clues and Evidence

NOTE (June 26, 2018)

So I noticed that there are readers who are confused with some of the characters, especially those women in Xander's life from the first book and tend to forget some details about them. It is understandable most especially if you are reading an incomplete book which is updated by chapter and at least every week. As a review, here is the recap of the character names and their roles:

Nina James- "Nurse F.", Dr. Greene's main nurse who attacked him in the first book because she blamed him for the death of her younger sister Anna, who was the 1st flower tattoo. Anna became obsessed with Xander and took her own life when he constantly and harshly ignored her.

Lara Hudson- Xander's first love turned ex-fiancé who actually has been having mental issues and is currently under her husband's care in Los Angeles.

Natalie Summers- An ex-Victoria's Secret model turned actress in Los Angeles who was the one who discovered that there was a hidden camera installed on Xander's ultrasound machine. Xander tried to sell her photos without her consent, and she tried to sue him, but instead helped Xander realize his feelings for Emily in the first book and in the second chapter of the sequel, she tried to flirt with him, as it seems.

Kimberly "Kim" Patterson- The 15th flower tattoo. The last patient Xander fucked before Emily, and who was the one who spray-painted "Virgin Killer" on his car from the first book. She also tried to hit Emily once by her car and was also seen during the latter's graduation.

Arianne Gomez- Emily's liberated classmate from the first book who is always flirty and playful to Xander just for fun but deep inside loves her boyfriend Curtis.

Also, a new character will be introduced in this chapter, and his picture (Matthew Daddario) is attached above. But of course, you are free to imagine whoever you want for each character!

Okay, I guess that's it. Now let's move on to the next chapter. Enjoy loves!

♥️💚

*****

XANDER'S POV

Sometimes, I doubt if karma really works. But thinking about all these misfortunes that have been happening to me lately, I'm now pretty sure it's real.

Life surely has a clever way of making us pay for all the bullshits that we have done to others may it be only a while ago, yesterday, or a few years back. It doesn't choose the time.

I know I have been an asshole, and the universe might have probably decided to take Emily away from me because it knows how precious that young woman is to me.

If only I could turn back time and me everything right...

But then again, I might not have met Emily.

The loud, ticking noise of cars unlocking in the parking lot and the indistinct noises of curious passersby didn't stop me from crying in the middle of the night.

I don't fucking care about them. I just feel so emotional, angry, and doomed right now.

With the moonlight flooding my skin, I continue to sit here while painfully entertaining the unimaginable thoughts of what could have possibly happened to Emily. While hugging the grocery bags closer to my chest, I look up at the moon, close my eyes, and silently pray for her safety. There's a hint of her smell on the bags, and whether it's from my olfactory hallucination or not, I continue to imagine that it's her.