08

Chapter Eight | Strawberry Milk Tea

The school day flew by and before I knew it I was riding down Fresno Avenue on my board. The wind tussling through my hair and underneath my shirt, sending the slight chills I enjoyed so much throughout my body. Soft melodies filled my ear as the sound of Alina Baraz came through my headphones.

Rolling down the sidewalk, I spotted a faceless figure leaning against one of the many buildings that lined this street. It was until a few seconds later that I realized it was the boy from the other day, Micah is his name I think.

Once he realized it was me, he pushed himself off the building he was leaning on and stepped in the path of my skating. I forcefully came to stop, trying not to have a repeat of what happened the other day.

He sent me a toothy smile. "Ah, so we meet again. In the same spot at the exact same time." He said and I playfully rolled my eyes. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were waiting for me."

       "Now why would I do that?" He chuckled and that's when I took note of the dimple in his left cheek.

I shrugged my shoulders, reaching down to pick up my board. "I don't know. You tell me." I said.

His eyes wondered off into the distance for a bit as he put on a face of thinking. Returning his eyes to me he said, "It wasn't because I was going to ask you to come get coffee with me again, if that's what you're thinking." He sarcastically smiled.

I nod. "Oh, okay then. Guess I'll get going-"

Micah stopped me, extending his sleeved out in front of me. "Okay maybe," He looked at with an eye smile. "But only if you want to, of course."

I thought about it for me. I don't have any homework or assignments due tomorrow, and Declan is still keeping the baby so why not. "Fine," I said. "As long as you're paying for it."

"Fine," Micah repeated. "I know a place a block from here. Pink Lodge Coffee. They've got the best caramel frap on this side of town." It sounded like some hipster-esque place where they'd only sell espressos and french press, but I had to give in and I was kind of thirsty.