CHAPTER TEN

YOONGI POV

I stared as Hoseok's head lolled to a side and he drooled in his sleep. I pulled the blanket up his sleeping body and left the lobby.

I slowly walked up the stairs to where the rooms were. I stood in front of the one I stood a few hours ago.

Jin had called us and I had refused to accept everything he said. It was not the truth.
He was still he.

He won't change at any cost, and I knew it but. But why there was I getting a feeling that it may be true.

I touched my hand to the door and leaned my forehead against it. I couldn't mutter the strength to just open it and go inside.

I was afraid to see the bruises that decorated his flawless skin because of me. I was afraid of how he would react to me.

"You can go inside" said a voice which made me pull away from the door and look at the old nurse.

"N-No-I" I stuttered. It was rare of me to go and stutter but today I just wobble over every word I spoke.

"Well don't worry he won't talk back. He is under the tranquilliser" she said and gave me a small smile,"You can't run away from what you did child. All you can do is face it"

With that she turned on her heels and left me in a awestruck silence. I drew in a deep breath and walked in.

***

JIMIN POV

My hand dropped from James' mouth and I staggered back against the wall. James grabbed my collar and snarled,"What was that for, huh?"

But my mouth had failed me. I looked up to meet James bloodshot eyes and whimpered thinking of where the letter would be.

"Jimin?" James spoke in a worried tone. I realised that tears were steaming down my eyes like a endless shower.

"Taehyung had given his resignation letter and Pd-nim was going to sign it today at seven and now the letter is not here" said Jungkook still sitting on the chair with his back towards us.

"Oh so this is the story" said James and loosened his hand on my collar and let it drop on his side,"Are you serious? Taehyung is not really leaving right"

"Why ?? did you like him" asked Jungkook.
"Yes I did a lot, he was quite a nice person" he said.
"Then can you help us" I asked ruefully.

"Sir took a briefcase with him" he said thoughtful,"Maybe the letter was in it"
"Are you sure" I asked and Jungkook's stamina was returned and he jumped up the chair and stood with us.

"Yes because he never carries briefcases until he has papers to sign" He said.
"Thank you and sorry for the trouble" I said and was about to leave to catch up with the running Jungkook.

"Hey Jimin" called James and I turned around to look at him across the corridor.
"Yes?"
"Don't let Taehyung leave" he said sadly.
"I promise I won't" I said and then ran behind the golden maknae.

***

JAMES POV

I drew in a deep breath and went back to the office to clean up the scattered papers. I couldn't process the fact that Taehyung was going to leave.

I smiled when our first encounter came crawling in my mind.

• FLASHBACK •

{Still James POV}

I looked around the building with confusion clearly covering my face. I sighed as I tried to think about how was I supposed to find my way.

I tried to ask a lady for directions but she clearly ignored me like I didn't existed.
I looked down at my shoes while walking
And then bumped into someone.

I regained my balance but my file had fallen down the papers were scattered. I looked at the guy sitting on his butt with my file opened and laying on his head in a slanting roof style and papers around him.

He groaned as he removed the file from his head and looked up at me.
"I apologise about this" he said in a cute childish voice.
"It's okay" I said and bend down to recollect my papers. The guy helped with it and soon the file was clean and stacked neatly.

"You look like you just got here" he said in a accent. Clearly he didn't knew how to speak English,"Like just came in Korea"

"Yes I did" I said and giggled,"And I can speak in Korean"
"Oh" he said and spoke in Korean again in his deep enchanting voice,"So, do you want me to show you"
"Yeah" I said,"That would be good"

He chuckled and showed me to the office of the CEO.
"Here" he said and pointed his thumb at the door.
"Thanks" I said and gave him a big smile.
He gave a boxy smile and turned his heels to go.

"Hey wait" I said and he stopped mid step.
"Yes?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"What's your name" I asked.

He giggled and said,"You really are here then"
I got a bit confused but he chuckled and said,"Kim Taehyung"

"And I'm James, hope we'll see each other again?" I asked ruefully.
"If you get a work here. We surely will" he said and gave me a side hug and left.

And later on when I interviewed, I realised that he was an Idol of a band Bangtan.

***

AREUM POV

I staggered to the park where Me and Taehyung usually met at nights. It was the place where we use to break down because of all the worries of our lives.

I made my way to the pond which was hidden from view because of the the thick buses and trees.

I sat near the pond and stared at my reflection

I sat near the pond and stared at my reflection. I sob broke from my inside and I curled in a ball, on my knees.

I hugged my stomach and pressed my head to my knees. I looked up at the night sky and looked at the brightest star in the sky.

"TAEHYUNG'S GRANDMA" I shouted,"CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT YOUR CHILD IS GOING THROUGH. HE NEEDS YOU THE MOST RIGHT NOW. WHY DID YOU LEFT HIM. AND WHY DID YOU TOLD ME TO TAKE CARE OF HIM WHEN I'M SUCH A LOSER"

I sobbed harder.