Part 15

Lily

I'm a dick. I know that. I feel like shit. I've spent the last two days drinking in Dereks house and smoking weed. The only cure for my hangover is to drink more and so I did. Derek is passed out with vomit all over his toilet. I needed to go home.

Nicole wants nothing to do with me. She won't answer my texts I've sent her. I cringed looking over them. They started off nasty saying she was a bitch for just dropping me and presuming as the alcohol took over my text were filled with misspelled words and begging for her to talk to me. I got one reply from her yesterday saying for me to reply to my sister as she was worried. That was it.

I don't do dates. I don't do feelings and I don't do cuddling at night time. Nor do I do talking about plans of the future or how amazing dinner was with friends. I'm not that person. I like spending time with my friends. When I want sex, I get sex and that's it. No strings attached. I thought Nicole was cool with that but now she's suddenly not but I don't want to not see her. I can't just not see her.

It's taking me these two days of being drunk and stoned to realise that I miss her. I can't stop thinking about her. Why? Because I fucking like Nicole Ryan. The one thing I wanted her not to do when we hooked up and now it's me who likes her. I can't stop thinking about the simple stuff about her. Like her blonde hair when she's lying next to me in bed, resting over her shoulders. It's smells like apple shampoo. Her smile and those perfect white teeth. Her tongue..god that tongue. She was definitely a fast learner.

I needed to see her and somehow explain to her how I was feeling. I left Derek and made my way home. I knew my Mother wouldn't be too pleased that I had been AWOL for the past 2 days but I needed this realisation because now I knew I had feelings for Nicole. I was scared. What if she didn't feel the same way about me. What if she said no because of Kim. There was so many what ifs when it came to this girl and it scared the shit out of me.

I decided to walk home and sober up. I'll have a shower and something to eat and then hope Nicole will speak to me when I ring her later..sober this time.

Usually when things went tits up in my life my back up plan was to get straight into bed with someone else. It was just how I roll but I didn't want anyone else. The past few weeks have been weird. When we were in the pub I didn't eye up other girls. I drank with my friends and looked forward to Nicole finishing up her shift. Even on days I wasn't out with friends I didn't want her walking home alone or getting a taxi. I stayed up and picked her up. It was all making sense in my head now whether I wanted to believe it or not I couldn't help it.

When I got home the house was empty thank the lord Jesus. I hopped into a hot shower steaming away the booze band drugs. Feeling slightly better I made my way downstairs to get something to eat. Just as I made myself a chicken stir fry. I heard two familiar voices. One that made my pulse race as I dropped my fork back into the bowl looking over to the entrance of the door and another squeaky annoying voice that could only belong to my annoying little sister.

"Where the fuck have you been" Kim snapped dropping her handful of shopping bags on the counter next to my food. As soon as my eyes laid on Nicole, I didn't feel hungry. I feel guilty for how I treated her and she wore a blank expression as she just stood waiting for me to answer.

"Just out" I replied. My voice was croaking from all the smoking and drinking.

"We have been looking all over for you" Kim huffed and all I could do was sigh.

"I'm sorry..I just needed to clear my head" I replied as I looked briefly at Nicole who clenched her jaw and then looked at my sister.

"Call next time you decide to spend two days away with your latest slut" Kim said storming out of kitchen.