[8] Nyah: "Bitter Memories."

DEDICATED TO Twinraven ! :) Thank you, my friend! <3

~

Nyah Pineda's PoV:

It's exhausting, really. To talk to Alessia Lois Clarke.

"For the hundredth time, Alessia. I am not coming with you. And get your legs off my desk." I don't look up from the papers in front of me, resisting the urge to roll my eyes as I push the bridge of my black rimmed glasses up.

Yes, unfortunately for me, I have this minor issue with my eyes while reading; passed down from some weak-bodied ancestor that requires for me to wear glasses.

"Oh, and by the way, I know you don't need the contacts but I think you should wear those anyway. There will be too many flashing lights and pulsing music and shit, we don't want you to lie about some headache and escape like the last time." Alessia continues, completely ignoring me as she texts someone on her phone, still not bothering to take her legs off. One would think that sitting in the Alpha's office, she would have the least bit of respect or fear for the current Alpha sitting right in front of her.

Sadly, no. All thanks to me befriending her when we were in diapers and not giving a shit when she cusses me or at me.

'We wouldn't have her any other way, though.' My Wolf comments fondly, and I can't help but agree. No matter what happens, I can rely on Alessia to be there for me and never, ever betray me.

Every Alpha needs a friend like that.

"Alessia." I call, putting my pen down from the requests review and sighing roughly. No response as expected. "Alessia." I repeat, my voice coming out sharper this time with unconcealed annoyance.

Finally, her Highness looks up. "What?"

"I don't want to come to Ezra Harland's party."

She looks at me blankly, as if she couldn't see the relevance in what I just said.

"So, I'm not coming." I repeat what I'd been saying since the moment she'd stepped into my office twenty minutes before, sighing irritatedly once again.

"Did I give you a choice, Nyah Pineda?" Alessia puts her phone on the table and crosses her arms, staring me down stubbornly.

Too bad her stubbornness doesn't even begin to cover my own. After all, the Alpha in me has to show herself in at least some of my traits. Even if I'm only second born and not as hard-headed as my brother is meant to be genetically. The reminder of my brother tempts me to get lost in another rabbit hole full of mixed thoughts. That's a can of worms I'll open later.

"First of all, take your legs off. And second of all, Ezra Harland is a bully and his friends are all bullies too and I don't wanna subject myself to his annoying presence." I cut my eyes to the side and narrow them for further effect, finally having had enough of her bullshit.

"Fine!" Alessia takes her legs off, finally, although not getting up to leave like I'd expected she would, uh-oh, "First of all," She mimics me, throwing up her index finger to further enunciate her point, "You could've used your Alpha command on me and made me leave, or better yet, you could've Alpha-slapped my mouth shut the moment I agreed to go. BUT, you didn't. So, that just tells me you're throwing one of your fits. Where you really want to do something, but don't want to do it on your own and want me to beg and convince you so you can tell yourself that you're only going because of me."