34. Officially Engaged

Falak was guided towards the stage by Anaab and few other relatives. Wajahat glanced at her briefly, dressed in his chosen gown, one which Fariqa had made him choose forcefully, she indeed looked beautiful. He turned his head towards the left side and found Fariqa, looking at him. She was smiling at him but her eyes held a worried expression. He wanted to smile back at her to assure her that he was ok but he could only come up with a tight smile. Fariqa smiled back at him with misty eyes for she knew how bad he was hurting.

A beautiful yet painful memory of Sana, walking down the red carpet with a shy smile flashed in front of him, his breath hitched but he dodged it off with great difficulty. Once Falak was near the two-step stage. Wajahat stood up. Anaab made her sit beside him and stood right next to Falak.

Fariqa strode towards Wajahat and handed him a ring, it was a beautiful ring with a huge oval snapped ruby at the centre and small diamond stones encrusted around it. Wajahat grabbed hold of Falak's hand, his friends whistled to lighten up his mood. Everyone laughed at their antics, Wajahat glared at them and concentrated on Falak.

That's when he truly noticed how cold her hands had become. The moment Wajahat had grabbed her hand, Falak felt her cheeks hot. Wajahat glanced at he and he found a unique pink tint on her face. Unintentionally he found it captivating.

"Ok!! I know our bhabhi is beautiful but that just doesn't mean you can gawk at her like that buddy! We have senior citizens around us, so control!!" Hisham whispered near his ear, but it was clearly loud enough for everyone to hear. Ashraf whacked his head when he pointed him as senior citizen.

"Ow!" He yelped. Wajahat shook his head with a small smile and finally inserted the ring on her finger. Falak grabbed hold of the ring and waited for Wajahat to present his hand forward.

"Hey buddy!! Just because you were bold enough to grab bhabhi's hand doesn't mean she will do that same." Wajahat smiled and presented his hand. Falak completed the ring ceremony and Aarish literally jumped from where he stood beside Wajahat.

"On this honour of my friend being shackled forever....." He glanced behind him and found everyone gawking, the whole place had come to complete silence. He grinned. "Some one please give me something to eat I'm starving." He pleaded with such poor expression that even the waiters couldn't hold back their laughter. 

Wajahat looked at the platinum band shining in his ring finger and sighed. He was now officially engaged. It snapped something inside him but it wasn't pain this time.

"What to do with this hungry idiot." Hisham and Arqam muttered and strode towards him. Arqam dragged him towards a table but instead of having a seat there Aarish strode towards the empty corner where the tent had an opening towards the outer side of the terrace. Arqam was puzzled and followed him there.

"Aarish what are you..." He stopped when he heard him exhale a harsh breath out suddenly. Arqam stepped in front of him and was shocked to see his eyes moist. Aarish smiled at him. A smile with such pain that Arqam couldn't say out a word. Without saying anything, he hugged him.

"I miss her buddy!! I miss her." He couldn't stop his tears from leaking out from the corner of his eyes. Arqam couldn't even come up with consoling words to ease his pain.

"I was so happy!! So So happy, that Wajahat has finally decided to move on. Was on cloud nine when I got to know that he is gonna be engaged but the moment I saw bhabhi walking to him. I couldn't help myself, couldn't help but complain to Allah. Indeed he is the best of all planners and it's only him who has the rights over our lives but I still couldn't hold back that one painful question. Why her? Why her? Why her? She was that one little innocent....." his voice got heavy with the lump in his throat. He took out his handkerchief and wiped out his tears.