Chapter 26

Give this chappie some love if you're enjoying it so far! :)

"So, were you and Dumbledore having another one of your secret meetings about me?"

Ellison lay across Tom's four poster, her head in his lap, reading the assigned chapter they had been given as homework in Transfiguration class. She and Dumbledore had been nearly ten minutes late for class, and they had arrived together. No one else had seemed to take notice. However, Tom had. Ellison had taken her seat beside him as usual, but had neglected to give any further explanation. They had walked back to the Slytherin common room and had made their way up the spiral staircase to Tom's room to enjoy their afternoon free of classes. He had been dying to know what Dumbledore had said to her, but had forced himself to wait until they were alone. Ellison peered over the book she had been holding over her face.

"Not everything is about you, you know," She replied, rolling her eyes.

"You can't blame me for assuming," he retorted.

"Fair enough." She shrugged her shoulders, smirking up at him. "But this time, it was actually about me."

"You?" Tom replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Why the tone of surprise?"

"You're just not the type to get into trouble. So, what on Earth did you do to land yourself in the head of Gryffindor house's office?"

"Absolutely nothing. But why would it be surprising if I had?" Ellison asked, her eyebrows raised as she sat up on her elbow. "I'm not some goody-two-shoes you know." Tom smirked.

"Trust me," Tom began, placing a hand on her inner thigh. "I know."

"Oh stop it," Ellison retorted, rolling her eyes as she slapping his hand away. Tom chuckled.

"So, if you're not in some sort of trouble, why were you called into Dumbledore's office?"

"My father," Ellison said, giving him a significant look.

"He didn't..." Tom trailed off, eying her.

"Oh, he did."

"And what did Dumbledore have to say?" Tom asked skeptically.

"He asked me what I wanted," Ellison replied matter-of-factly. Tom's eyes narrowed suspiciously but Ellison pressed on. "I told him what I told you. That I wanted to do something that matters."

"And what did he say?"

"He suggested that I become a healer." Ellison glanced away, looking unsure of herself.

"And what do you think about that?" Tom asked, trying to keep his tone neutral as he eyed her intently.

"Well ... I'm considering it," Ellison replied, stealing a glance at him, "I think..." she added. "Honestly I wanted to know what you thought about it." Tom smiled.

"I think you should do what you want-," Tom began. Ellison gave him an exasperated look. He grasped her waist, rolling her over onto her back. Leaning over her until their faces were almost touching he looked into her eyes. "Do you want to know what I honestly think?" She nodded, her eyes scanning his for truth. "I think-," he reached up, brushing his fingertips against her cheek, "That whatever you decide to do, you are going to be extraordinary at it." He gazed intently at her. "Do you know why?" She shook her head no but didn't speak. "Because, you are the kindest, most compassionate person I have ever known." She smiled, her cheeks flushing slightly. "So whatever you decide to do, whether it's being a healer or working at the ministry, you are going to make a difference. It's impossible for you to walk into a room and not."

"I wish I could see myself the way you see me," Ellison spoke, breaking the silence after a moment. Tom smiled. She was beautiful inside and out. How she didn't see it was baffling.

"So do I," he replied, pressing his lips against hers.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's a short chapter for you guys! I know its been over a month again since my last update but life has been crazy. I graduated, got married, honeymooned, took nursing boards (you get the point). I promise I'm going to do better from now on.

- peace and blessings, August