55. The God of Thunder

Aurora's head is pounding as the darkness in her mind slowly vanishes. Squinting her eyes, she slowly opens them and her body still feels numb. The trip through the wormhole wasn't very pleasant, not even for her. As Aurora fully wakes up, the rest of the Revengers seem to wake as well and they see Asgard in front of them– burning in Hela's power-hungry rage.

"I see your sister has redecorated..." She comments with anything but little enthusiasm to face the upcoming danger. The former Ravager may be reckless whilst having fun beating the bad guys up, but she knows when to stop when the opponent is much stronger, even stronger than the God of Thunder himself.

"I never thought I'd be back here." Valkyrie mumbles and lacks confidence for the first time. Bruce stands up from his seat, seeing Asgard for the first time and it doesn't turn out as great as he had hoped.

"I thought it'd be a lot nicer. I mean, not... not that it's not nice. It's just, it's... it's on fire."

"That goth bitch damaged my ship Moon." Aurora gasps at Loki and her's spaceship that she had parked close to the Bifrost weeks ago, spotting that the engines got violently ripped off of the ship. As they get closer to Thor's fallen kingdom, Valkyrie notices the signal on the screen.

"Here, up here in the mountains. Heat signatures. People clustered together. She's coming for them."

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away." The King of Asgard decides with a fierce determination, making the three Revengers stare at him.

"And get yourself killed?" Brunnhilde questions with doubt.

"The people trapped down there are all that matters. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you two to help get everyone off Asgard."

Bruce frowns, "How the hell are we supposed to do that?"

"I have a man on the ground." Thor only answers and Aurora immediately understands who the God of Thunder refers to. His best friend, Heimdall.

A silence hovers above them, the plan is clear for now. Heading towards the royal palace, Aurora still remembers the first time when she landed– or crashed– there, meeting Odin and Loki for the very first time. Already back then, she had sensed a connection with him, still feeling the way his emerald eyes bored in a pissed way into hers because she landed on him. So much has happened over time.

As Thor gets off the ship to get weapons from the armory, Aurora leaves as well. "I have some grenades and stuff in my spaceship, it could be useful. Be right back."

The former Ravager flies off with her jet boots and soon lands on her ship. The damage of the Moon is definitely not fixable, Hela or her little army have done their job well. Entering the ship, Aurora suddenly feels a heat radiating from her belt bag and she frowns, opening it. Her blue eyes widen as they meet the green glowing light. The sorcerous hourglass. Loki's thinking of her and better– the emerald sand is running. He's coming. Loki's coming.

"Thanks, God." The auburn-haired girl mumbles in relief and presses the hourglass against her beating heart. She was already worried about their future.

Grabbing the necessary gadgets, some even of Rockets, Aurora arms herself and removes her leather jacket, instead putting on a green long coat. Her brother has the same one in red. Leaving the Moon, Aurora flies back to her team whereas Thor has returned as well with a weapon.

"Here. Now the ship has a gun." Thor places it on the ground of the ship and Valkyrie nods.

"I'll take it from here."