CHAPTER 10

"Why here?" I asked as I scanned my surroundings. Chains lined the walls and there was only one window but it was blocked with rusting bars.

Elijah pulled out a blood bag and ripped it open. He let the blood fall on the floor and hunger overcame my senses. Fangs sprouted from under my lips and I dashed in his direction. The next thing I knew, he had me pinned against the wall as my eyes were still focused on the blood.

"This is why," He said as I struggled against his hold, "Control yourself. Don't let the blood control you. Focus on your surroundings. Distract yourself away from the blood,"

And I did. I focused on the sun that was shining through the barred window. I focused on the sound of the birds chirping in the distance. I focused on the rustling of the trees and the little cracks on the wall. Elijah let go of me and I no longer hunger for blood. As I stare at the blood on the floor, my only thought was what a waste it was.

"I did it," I said, sighing in relief.

"You're not done yet," He said as he snapped his fingers. There entered three humans, one boy and two girls. They had blood dripping on their necks and their heartbeats called for me. The blood pumping in their veins was so tempting and the urge to rip their throat out was there. Elijah blocked my view and whispered in my ear, "Control yourself,"

Their heartbeats grew louder and their blood smelled so delicious. My head was hurting, not knowing what to do. Then, I heard Elijah tapping his foot against the pavement. It snapped me out of my senses and realized what I should be doing. Their blood didn't seem so appetizing anymore and their heartbeats were no more than just a sound.

I breathe in a sigh of relief as I had full control of the situation. I saw Elijah smile from the corner of my eye but he wiped it away and stood in front of me, "Good, you learn easily,"

"I wouldn't be top of my class if I wasn't," I stated, while he raised his eyebrow in amusement.

"Alright, moving on. Did you know these three people were paid to follow you home yesterday and were told to make sure you never come back?" He stated.

"What?" I mumbled in disbelief.

"Ms. Forbes compelled them to make it look like an accident," He said.

"Caroline? S-she can use compulsion? She's a vampire?" I asked, multiple questions running through my mind.

"I see you did not know," He muttered, "I shall leave Niklaus to educate you on the matter but, for now, we focus on the matter at hand,"

"C-caroline? My own sister? She wanted me dead?" Anger rose up inside of me as I had the urge to rip their throat out. However, at the same time, I wanted to lock myself in a room and cry. Once again, I was left confused. I was angry, I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream.

I felt a hand grip my shoulder and a voice whispered in my ear, "Your emotions are heightened. You push them all down and focus on one thing. Do not act on it but feel it,"

I did as I was told but I struggled in doing so. I pushed my anger away, I pushed my sobbing self away, I pushed the urge to kill away. I looked at the three of them and an idea popped into my head. I flitted over to where they stood, looked them in the eye and felt my eyes dilate, "I want you to go back to the Grill, find Caroline and shove a bleeding wrist right in her face. Make sure no one see's you, understand?"

I did that to every single one of them and I smirked as they left. I looked at Elijah and saw his shock-filled face. Just then, it only registered to me, "I compelled them,"

"Yes you did," He said, a smile beginning to form, "And you did a marvelous job indeed,"