28

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Today was my favorite day of the week: Saturday.

It was the day that I could sleep in as late as I wanted and not have to worry about waking up early for school. I could also be as lazy as I wanted. I didn't have to dress up or do my makeup, and most importantly, I didn't have to get out of bed if I didn't feel like it.

That was why I was sitting cross-legged on my bed, holding a pint of chocolate ice cream in one hand and holding the largest spoon I could find in the other. My laptop was placed in front of me as I watched The Vow on Netflix and drooled over Channing Tatum.

My phone starting ringing from beside me. I looked down at the caller ID and placing it between my cheek and my shoulder, a sly smile stretched across my face.

"Am I the bestest friend ever or the bestest friend ever?" I dug my spoon into the bin of ice cream and stuffed it into my mouth.

"You're the worst."

"I think you mean best."

"I can't believe you," She laughed, "and I can't believe I didn't catch on!"

"You weren't supposed to, so thanks for your cooperation." I said smiling smugly. "Do you wanna come over? You can tell me all about this magnificent date of yours over ice cream and Channing Tatum."

"I'll be there in five minutes."

She wasn't kidding. I thought to myself as the doorbell rang five minutes later. I skipped down the stairs and walked to the door, swinging it open. Faith stood there with the widest smile stretched from ear to ear. She lifted her hands, a plastic bag in each. There were two pints of ice cream in the first bag and five boxes of candy in the second.

It would be a miracle if we didn't gain ten pounds in the next few hours. But who cared?

"You read my mind." I grinned cheerily, stepping to the side to let her in. I closed the door behind her, and together, we climbed up the stairs. "I think you're officially the bestest friend ever."

"I think that's you, my friend." Faith sighed in content as we strolled into my room. I turned and smiled at her smugly, knowing I was, indeed, the bestest friend ever.

I went over to sit on my bed while Faith kicked her shoes off at the door. I placed my pint of chocolate ice cream back on my lap and turned my body to face Faith once she sat down.

"So, how did the date go?" I asked, with wide, excited eyes.

She looked down at her ice cream, smiling shyly. "It was just amazing; everything I could have possibly wished for. We couldn't even eat our dinner because we were so busy talking -- it felt like we had known each other for ever, and we were both so comfortable together. When we finally left the restaurant and once he had dropped me off at home, he told me that he had fun and that I looked beautiful." She looked up at me and bit her lip. "He said that he wanted to take me out again, but this time, he didn't want me to get all dressed up because he thought I looked prettier in t-shirts and jeans."

I clamped a hand over my mouth, hoping I could contain the girly squeal that was itching to bubble out.

"Yeah, that was me when he said that." She laughed, a small blush appearing on her cheeks. When her laughter died down, she smiled sincerely at me. "Thank you, Lauren. I don't think you know how much it means to me."

"That's what best friends are for." I smiled.

"So," she said, quickly changing the subject, "I heard Logan was in on this, too. Did you guys happen to hang out while we were on our date?"