Chapter 9

When Kara opened her eyes, the sun was already out. It took her a while to familiarize herself with her surroundings.

There was it again, another knock on the door. "Come in please.."

Lena walked in and it looks like she just came back from a workout. She used a small towel to wipe away the trickling sweat from her face.

Kara checks the small alarm clock on the side table.

"It's only 7 am Lena..." she hid under the comforter.

There was a pressure on the bed, slowly the soft fabric slide off from her face.

She holds her breath and panicked for the close proximity she now shares with another girl.

"Goodmorning." Lena's warm breath tickles her cheeks. Kara couldn't help but stare at the woman's lips.

Lena then quickly pulled away and cocked her head.

"Let's have some breakfast," she said before walking out the door.

Kara was left alone. She feels trapped and confused. She shook her head and went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth.

She went to the kitchen and found a stack of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and a fresh bowl of fruit on the table. Lena was already halfway through a bowl of quinoa with the different types of berries.

"That's all you're eating?" she asked as she sat on the chair opposite her.

"I'm sorry, do you want some?" she offered.

"No... Thank you. So there are all for me?"

"Yes. Your sister told me it's your favorite breakfast."

"Ok right.." she took a big bite of the pancake then stops midway when she realized something.

"- Wait... What?? You've talked to Alex?!"

"Yes, last night. She called me up after you went to your room." Lena said nonchalantly as she turns her laptop power on.

"How?!"

"I actually asked my driver to get your mom's number while he was waiting for you yesterday, but he said Alex was adamant and asked for my number instead. I got a call from her yesterday and she mentioned you like bacon."

"Unbelievable.." Kara scoffed which catches Lena's attention.

"Did I do something wrong?" Lena was confused.

"No... No... Nevermind."

There was a glint of sadness in Lena's eyes. "You don't want me talking to your family, isn't it? I get it."

"Lena! No... It's not like that. It's just that... Alright. Alex has this huge crush on you."

Lena pulled back, a surprised look in her face. She then grins. "Really?"

"Yes.." Kara whimpered but she couldn't look her in the eyes.

"Are you jealous?" Lena asked, grinning down at her.

"Huh... Yes. You're my friend. I saw you first."

She heard Lena laughed. "Kara, you are my closest friend."

Kara smiled. Yet she felt that there something wrong with that word. Friends.