Chapter 27: ...And Into the Fire

(Thorin's POV)

I feel my heart sink as to realize that we are still in danger. My sword has been tightly clutched in my fist but Arulla is no where near me. I look around quickly and find her being dragged by Fílí and her bow is clamped in her hand with arrow drawn and face emotionless. I turn my head back around and continue to run away. I keep running and running until I hear Fílí's voice and I stop in my tracks.

"Uncle!" Fílí screamed.

I turn around and I see Arulla with her eyes closed and bow not as tightly clutched. I run to Fílí's side and sigh,

"She's alive. Give her to me!"

Fílí obeys and I slide Arulla into the crook of my one arm and her legs over my other. I run to get as far away as possible, but then we come to a cliff. There is no way out.

"Up into the trees! All of you climb! Bilbo climb!" Gandalf bellowed

I quickly pass Arulla into Dwalin's arms and Dwalin quickly climbs the tree with Arulla in his arms. I grip my sword tighter and slash away a nearby warg. I look up in horror and shout to my company,

"They're coming!"

"Thorin!" Dwalin shouted to me.

I jolt my head upwards and my gaze is met by similar fierce blue eyes. I then jump onto the nearest branch and climb my way up to Dwalin. When I reach the branch, I almost fall off by the large embrace that I was given. She was crying and I held her tighter.

"Stay with Dwalin!" I whisper in her ear. She nods and grips Dwalin's shoulders and I move up higher until I was right under Balin. My back was turned when I heard silent gasps all around me. When I turn around, my eyes were not ready for what I found in front of me. My voice was hoarse and my breathing jagged but in one whisper I was able to say,

"Azog?!"

The Pale Orc grimmaced and leaned forward and sniffed the cool night air.

"Nuzdigid? Nuzdi gast? (Do you smell it? The scent of fear?)"

I hear Arulla sneer, and growl angrily, but my face was still locked onto the creature in front of me.

"Ganzilig-i unarug obod nauzdanish, Torin undag Train-ob. (I remember your father reeked of it, Thorin son of Thrain)"

My face went completely pale at the realization of what Azog had just said to me, "It cannot be." I exhaled, my voice still in shock.

Arulla growled fiercly and she screamed at Azog,

"Urkhas!! Urmel!!! Dharg!!!!(Demon!! Worm!!! Troll!!)"

Azog was taken aback and searched for the voice who called him such things. When his eyes met Arulla's he grinned with extreme malice, when he spoke again, he spoke in Westron,

"Well well well. If it isn't my favorite Arenell, favored daughter of Elrond... And the Lady of Imladris... Tell me, how's your backside? How does your mother fare?Are your wounds healed from our last encounter? Haven't you learned your lesson on not to insult me? Maybe you need a reminder."

Arulla growled even more and my eyes have grown even wider at the realization that not only had the monster captured and tortured my father, but also my daughter. I was brimming with rage and Arulla shouted again.

"Ish kakhfê ai-'d dûr-rugnu!(I spit on your grave!!)"

Azog sneered and growled, he turned his head towards his men and began to speak in his tongue,

"Kods Toragid biriz.(Those are mine)" And he pointed his mace to me and to Arulla, "Worori- da!(Kill the others)"

In an instant our trees creaked and swayed at the weight of being pushed and ripped by the wargs' sharp and glowering teeth.