epilogue

Grace

"This place hasn't changed one bit, has it?" I said, passing my hand over the glass of the small table.

Harry hummed. "I'll miss it when we'll move" he admitted with a little smile.

"It's not like we won't come here ever again" I replied, glancing at him.

"It won't be as close anymore though. I'll have you know that I'm worried. What will we even eat for breakfast?" He said sarcastically, making me shake my head.

I lifted the cupcake, looking at it. "It'll be sad to part from these, but I believe we're old enough to find something else to eat."

He chuckled. "You mean that I'll have to make breakfast, don't you?"

"I actually meant that we would've found another cafe, but that works too" I said. "Still won't top this one, though."

"You underestimate me."

I glanced up at him. "I'd never." I leant back against the chair, glancing around. "This place truly looks just like it did when I first moved to London."

He smiled. "It takes me back in time, in a way."

"So many things happened here" I replied with a sigh. "Do you remember when we escaped from the bathroom window?"

"That was crazy" he commented, "I still can't believe I actually went through with it."

"I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one that was doubting the whole thing" I said laughing.

"Oh shut up" he replied fast, pretending to drink from his cup right after to hide the little laugh that left his mouth.

I took a sip of my tea and looked out of the huge window. The afternoon sun was shining outside, a faint golden light hitting the street and the bus stop sign on the opposite side of it.

"I'll really miss it" I whispered to myself.

All of sudden a figure walking on the pavement caught my attention. He was wearing a suit, a dark bag in his hands, speaking conceitedly to someone on the phone.

I frowned, watching him as he stopped next to the bus stop sign and opened his bag, putting his phone inside after having ended the call. As he looked up he caught my gaze, and stared back, the iciness not leaving his dark blue eyes. His eyes moved from me to the man sitting next to me, that seemed to be completely unaware of the situation, before focusing on me again. His harsh posture relaxed as he seemed to debate what to do for a few seconds. In the end he lifted his hand in an awkward wave, before looking somewhere else.

Louis.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Harry's deep voice ask me, and I turned my head to look at him.

"Nothing really" I replied. "Just glancing around" I lied easily, and he gave me a nod, the curious look leaving his green eyes as I diverted mine from his, looking down.

It was weird to see him again, knowing that, for the first time, he wasn't there for Harry. It had been over a year since the last time I had seen him, but there he was again, looking like he'd got his life back together, most of all.

I waited for a minute or so before looking out of the window another time, not wanting Harry to grow suspicious over things that truly didn't matter anymore. But when I finally glanced outside, I saw that nobody was out there anymore. He was gone, taking the past away with him.

Even though I knew it was still etched on us, defining us for who we were, it didn't seem so impossible to think of it as a fresh start anymore.

THE END