EXTRA: BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL

"I don't know, Joon," Lisa said, pursing her lips as she leaned back against the counter, her arms crossed. "I know that some of the readers are expecting a proposal soon and I'm all on board with that, but there are still some readers who don't want me in the picture."

"Don't want you in the picture?" Namjoon repeated, blinking and scratching his head. "Why wouldn't they want you in the picture? I thought the readers said they wanted me to be happy? So why..."

"Because there are a few - okay, maybe more than a few - readers who are all hung up on the title."

"What's the title again?" Namjoon asked, tilting his head to the side. "I've got six kids. You can't really expect me to remember the title of this thing, right?"

Lisa exhaled, rolling her eyes. "Single Father. And you should remember the title, cause it's about you. Which is another things readers get hung up on; there's a whole slew of wasn't this supposed to be a Namjoon fan fiction? Why do we hardly ever hear from him anymore?"

Namjoon furrowed his brow. "Why would anyone tell a story about me? I have a day job manning a desk, and I like to spend time with my family in the evenings. No sordid affairs, no embezzlement, no secret gang life, no tortured past..."

"That's what I said," Lisa said, nodding in agreement. "But nope. Not many readers care about my opinion. Mainly because of what I was saying early, how readers are all But the title says "Single Father" so Lisa can't end up with Namjoon or it'll ruin the title! Not that I'm convinced that's how titles work. I mean, there's a book called Pride and Prejudice, which makes it sound like they aren't going to get along very well at all, and they're all lovey-dovey in the end."

"So...how are we supposed to convince the readers that you're allowed to be in a relationship with me?" Namjoon asked, looking stressed. "Couldn't we just change the title?"

Lisa gave Namjoon a look. "Really? Couldn't we just change the title, he says." She sighed. "No, we can't just change the title. What if J.K. Rowling got to the last book of the Harry Potter series and realized that Harry had a middle name that was somehow important? Is she going to go back and rename all of the books Harry Gerald Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Gerald Potter and-"

"Wait, hold up. Where's this Gerald coming from?" Namjoon asked.

Lisa shrugged. "Before our scene started, Yoongi handed me a slip of paper and told me that I owed it to him to use it."

"Why didn't Yoongi stick around?" Namjoon asked. "He could have said hi to all the readers..."

"He's a teenager in high school, Joon. He's probably busy. But back to the point, we can't just change the title. It's nostalgic to all the old readers, you know? And besides, the author made a cute cover and everything with the words Single Father on it, not with Potential Future Bachelor Plus 6."

"Ahh, the author..." Namjoon said, tapping his chin with his index finger. "I need to have a chat with her..."

"Why?" Lisa asked, pushing off the counter and taking the seat next to Namjoon.

"Because," Namjoon said, his lips thinning into a straight line. "A lot of people are commenting wondering if there's going to be a happy ending, and I thought it was sort of cute and funny at first because of course there's going to be a happy ending, but then the comments started to sound progressively worried, and you know how I get second-hand anxiety-"

"Right," Lisa murmured, rubbing circles onto Namjoon's back with her palm.

"And I'm starting to think, Maybe there isn't going to be a happy ending. Which made me more anxious, and...well...I need a happy ending. I think I deserve it, right?"