three

AMARA

Friday had come quick, and I'd managed to adjust to my classes pretty quick. I usually despise switching up routines, and having to get into a new one, but it hasn't been too difficult.

Harry hadn't got sick of me yet.

In fact, he was being remarkable. It wasn't odd that he found my obsessive need to have everything perfect weird at first, but he hasn't pushed me to stop it at all. It seems like he's accepted it, and hasn't even tried to use the 'force' my mother suggested him to.

It wasn't until today that he got aggravated with me, when I felt the need to colour code our food in the fridge.

"Amara, you're letting all the cold air out. Why don't you try doing it bits at a time?" Harry leaned against the bench, crossing his arms as he scanned my unfinished creation.

"I can't," I continued to adjust the vegetables, washing the apples in the sink before placing them neatly back into their draw. I was placing them in one by one when the left fridge door slammed closed, Harry appearing from behind it.

"Amara, do it later," Harry rubbed his temples as I continued re-arranging, placing a lettuce bunch next to the broccoli. I picked up an orange to place it down in the middle, but before I could, it was torn out of my hands.

"Go, the food is going to go off if you keep the fridge open any longer," Harry placed the orange in the draw, in between the two green vegetables. My eyes widened as he shut the fridge, standing in front of it as if he was protecting it.

"Harry, I need to-you don't understand-" I began, my hands shaking out of discomfort. It felt as if my brain was screaming at me, demanding me I had to fix this fridge. "Move!" I yelled, my voice breaking.

Harry stayed put, the familiar crease between his furrowed brows appearing. I made the bold move to try pushing him away, which didn't move him an inch.

"Amara, don't make me use force," his eyes narrowed at me as he used the words my mother used to say to me.

Tears were streaming down my face by now, and it wasn't out of sadness, or anger. It was out of discomfort, I felt cramped and tense. I didn't want to fix the fridge, Hell, I didn't want to fix anything, I had to.

"Move," I screamed at him, smacking his chest. I was growing angry now, the need to fix the fridge disappearing and transforming into anger, for Harry.

I began yelling and punching his back when I was lifted from the ground and thrown over his shoulder. My yelling ceased as I grew tired, my hands now softly hitting his back. My bedroom door was pushed open, Harry placing me on my bed.

"I didn't want-"

"Get out," I mumbled, turning away from him. I was relieved when I heard the door close, my eyes closing.

——————————

I woke up to a loud ringing filling the room, my hand feeling around for my phone on the dressing table while my eyes remained closed. I cheered when I felt it, pressing the answer button before bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke groggily, a yawn escaping my mouth.

"Amara! You still coming to Wolf's?" Emilee's voice yelled through the phone, loud music in the background.

"Oh, what time is it?" I sat up slowly, walking to my wardrobe.

"It's 8 right now, but you can come whenever! His house is like, a two minute drive from campus," she slurred, Wolf's voice could be heard as well.