CHAPTER 12

The next day, Kol woke me up by repeatedly banging on my door. As much as I wanted to ignore him, who knows what he's capable of. I groaned and opened the door for him, while giving him an irritated look.

"Good morning!" He exclaimed with a huge smile on his face.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Rise and shine, darling! You and I have a long day ahead," He said, pushing past me and opening the curtains. My hand burned as it came in contact with the sun. I flitted over to the nearest shade, while nursing my burn.

"Shit," He cursed, "Nobody has given you any daylight ring?"

"A what?" I questioned.

"Stay here," Kol demanded and left the room. I looked at my clock and saw that it was only 7 am. I groaned and plopped back down on my bed, trying to go back to sleep before Kol comes back.

---------

"Wake up, darling!" He sang, while shoving the blanket off of me. He tossed me a black box and demanded I open it. When I did, I saw a ring with blue stones adorning its shape. I hesitantly wore the ring and looked up at Kol, waiting for an explanation.

"It's a lapis lazuli or, to us vampires, it's a daylight ring. Helps protect you from the sun," He explained, "Now, come. I'm in charge of training you and a day isn't enough to do so,"

He left the room and I stood up, hesitating to bask myself in the sunlight. When I did, I didn't feel any burning sensation and I let out a sigh of relief. I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. After which, I put on a black tank top, maroon track pants and matching sneakers. I put my hair in a braid and went downstairs, where Kol was impatiently tapping his foot against the floor.

"Took you long enough," He sneered and gestured me to follow him. We went to the backyard and he stood in front of me with arms crossed, "Now, it's obvious you don't know a single thing about defending yourself so, here's what we're going to do. I want you to run to me and give me the strongest punch you could pull,"

I stayed for a minute before saying, "Did you even hear yourself?"

"Do it. Now," Kol was slowly showing his vampire face and I knew he was not kidding around. I curled my hand into a fist and ran to Kol with all I've got. I punched him in the chest and he just stood there, his face in disbelief.

"An ant can punch better than you," He insulted, "Again,"

The whole day he taught me basic moves—kicks, punches, everything. We skipped lunch and dinner for him to train me. By 10pm, we were still at it and the rest of the Mikaelson siblings were watching us from the sidelines.

"Don't you want to...I don't know...call it a day?" I exclaimed. I bent down, catching my breath. I barely drank water and that's because Kol is working me to death. However, my progress is astounding. I learned to punch through trees and know the purpose of a stake. He taught me to control my strength and how to use it to its full potential.

"Fine, you want to stop?" He asked, "Beat me in a fight, you're free to leave. If not, we're going at it 'til you get it right,"

Without warning, he came running towards me. I crossed my two arms in a blocking stance and held it in as Kol tried to punch me. I attempted to swipe his legs but he caught them and twisted them. I groaned as I felt intense pain but, I couldn't give up now. I sucked in my breath and got up. I faced Kol and did the same move he did to me, except this time, I aimed my right foot to his stomach and connected the side of my left foot to his face.

"Kick him in the ass, Seph!" Rebekah shouted.

"I plan too," I muttered.

Kol got up from the ground and wiped his bleeding lip. He let out a dry chuckle and pointed a finger at me, "Using my move against me, well done. However..."

He didn't finish his sentence as he sent me flying to a tree by punching me in the gut. I felt a bone crack and I gasped in pain. I didn't have time to react as Kol came full speed and lifted me off of the tree and tossed me on the ground.

I pretended to cough and groan in pain, while he gave some ridiculous speech about testing his temper. I crawled on the ground and, when he was close enough, I gripped the fallen branch under my stomach and stabbed him in the shin. Surprised, he lost his balance for a moment and that gave me time to stand up, kick him against a tree and stake him through the chest.

He looked at the stake and then to me with his eye wide in surprise, "You—"

"I beat you, yes, now can I just—" Before I could finish, darkness clouded my vision.