34

Lyra (1)

When we were inside the Sato Mansion with Beifong's police men, we searched the mansion until we found Asami, Mako, and Bolin.

As the police men opened the large double doors, the trio was shocked to see us once again.

"What are you doing here?!" Asami asked.

"Lyra!?" Mako and Bolin ran over to my father and I. "Jeez, what happened to you? You look awful!" Bolin said.

I chuckled lightly, "Th-thanks Bolin. But right now isn't really a good time..."

"Where is your father?" My father asked Asami.

"In his workshop behind the house." She responded upsettingly.

"I'll take her, Tenzin." Bolin took me off of my father's back and carried me bridal style. I swung my arms his neck and laid my head down in the crook of his neck.

"You're seriously burning up, Ly. And not just because you're a fire bender." He said as we started to follow everyone up ahead.

I slowly nodded. "Yeah... I know."

"Lyra, about what happened earl-" Mako started but I cut him off. I shook my head, "Not now, please. I do-don't have the energy to talk about it."

"Why aren't you at home all snuggled up in bed and drinking some tea?" Bolin asked.

"I wanted to be here."

Mako sighed, "Of course."

When we reached the workshop behind the house, nobody was inside. However, the lights were on outside and inside.

"Dad! Hello?!" Asami called.

One of Beifong's men walked up to her. "Chief, the Estate's been secured. No one has left the workshop since we've arrived."

"Perhaps we just couldn't see him leaving." Beifong said. She walked to the center of the workshop. I've only gotten to watch this a few times, but I always found it fascinating. She uses her seismic sense to see around and under her.

After a moment, she straightens herself out before explaining what she saw. "There's a tunnel beneath the workshop running deep into the mountainside."

And she saw this all with her feet. Amazing.

"What? There's no tunnel." Asami said.

Beifong metal bends a large piece of the floor out then throws it to the side, revealing steps that indeed lead down into a tunnel.

Bolin leans into Asami and whispers, "Do you think your dad knows about this tunnel?"

I wanted to face palm myself but I was too weak to move. Instead I softly patted Bolin, it's okay.

"I don't understand. There must be an explanation." Asami said in a distraught tone.

Instead of comforting words, Korra decided to say, "Maybe you don't know everything about your father. I'm sorry."

You have a way with words, avatar.

"Officers - into the tunnel. Be cautious." Beifong ordered. Her men went into an obeying stance before going down into the tunnel.

The trio started to make their way to the steps too, but Beifong stopped them. "Uh-uh, you three stay up here. Officer Song, keep an eye on them." The said officer saluted Beifong as she made her way down the tunnel.